Ultimate Subaru Message Board

List of rims that can be used on older Subarus...

No offense or anything but, if you want to do things "Right" wouldn't you already know how to do it in the first place and not need to ask how to do it. 

Your 7 options are:

• 6 lug conversion or other bolt pattern re-drills.
  • custom rims
  • bolt pattern adapter
  • drill rims
  • peugeot
  • finding rare 14" or 15" 4x140 rims
  • special order tires

I have done the 6 lug conversion my self it's super easy to do. The results are great if you use a transfer punch and a good drill press. If you don't like having the extra holes in the hubs or rims weld them up. I don't blame you for not wanting to drill holes in the rims since some of the holes are in sketchy spots depending on the rims. But these are the cheapest options. To help widen the search on the 14" and 15" six lug rims they also came on chevy luv's and other chevy trucks, toyota's, mitsubishi's, ford's, and datsun's.
1907591_438653119603165_5847868225004904

Edited by turbosubarubrat

Here's the other guys impressions on trailer tires. Given your necessity of "doing it right," I doubt you would be satisfied. 

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/091736.html#p15

As a side note, he had them up for sale a short time later, with less than 2000 miles on them. 

-AND-

You are complicit it the responses you get. You came HERE looking for help, we didn't come to you looking for anything, especially your take on what we do or have done. When you post visceral, divisive comments about our work ("backyard- jerry-rigging- sloppy" etc.,) you will get a visceral divisive response about your opinion. Some of us had to look for YEARS to find the parts needed to do what we wanted to do, so forgive us for not being a little more compassionate about your plight.  

This subject has been beaten to death all over this forum. Anything that can be done, has been done, and discussed at length. And yet, there were still people kind enough to indulge yet another question about bigger wheels. Perhaps you need a refresher in Google Fu if you "exhausted all internet searches" and came up empty.

Good luck.

Dan 

• Like 1

No offense or anything but, if you want to do things "Right" wouldn't you already know how to do it in the first place and not need to ask hoe to do it. 

Your 7 options are:

• 6 lug conversion or other bolt pattern re-drills.
  • custom rims
  • bolt pattern adapter
  • drill rims
  • peugeot
  • finding rare 14" or 15" 4x140 rims
  • special order tires

1 more option....probably the best after Peugeot rims.....

8. 5- lug swap from xt6

• Like 1

Here's the other guys impressions on trailer tires. Given your necessity of "doing it right," I doubt you would be satisfied. 

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/091736.html#p15

As a side note, he had them up for sale a short time later, with less than 2000 miles on them. 

-AND-

You are complicit it the responses you get. You came HERE looking for help, we didn't come to you looking for anything, especially your take on what we do or have done. When you post visceral, divisive comments about our work ("backyard- jerry-rigging- sloppy" etc.,) you will get a visceral divisive response about your opinion. Some of us had to look for YEARS to find the parts needed to do what we wanted to do, so forgive us for not being a little more compassionate about your plight.  

This subject has been beaten to death all over this forum. Anything that can be done, has been done, and discussed at length. And yet, there were still people kind enough to indulge yet another question about bigger wheels. Perhaps you need a refresher in Google Fu if you "exhausted all internet searches" and came up empty.

Good luck.

Dan 

This ridiculous crap just never ends...

I did NOT criticise what anybody else has done, I am critical of what will e done on MY vehicle.

Re-drilling 6 lug rims works great for off-roading. It does NOT look so great for a street lool, and looks hokey. I amnot going to be a car-show prize seeker, but just try thatat a car show andsee what is said about it - the same that I say about it,because it is reality. You are being just another person taking advantage of a cheap excuse to give me crap. Its not repectable, and I don't respect it. It seems that when I explain something, make my point, people ignore what I wrote about it, and then criticise me when I point it out. You do your vehicle any way you want, and by damn I willdo my vehicle how I want. don't go giving me crap just because you see some opportunity and cheap excuse to.

Go troll somewhere else...

Edited by Subaruist

1 more option....probably the best after Peugeot rims.....

8. 5- lug swap from xt6

Option #9: Buy new good looking 14" x 6 lug rims and have them drilled.

Option #10: Buy new good looking 14" x 6 lug rims, have them drilled, and have rings made that the lugs can go through, that cover the lug holes, or maybe have such seemlessly welded on or something.

This ridiculous crap just never ends...

No, no it doesn't. 

We are all picking on you, and you share none of the cause. 

Just like the last time you turned the place upside down. The common denominator seems to be you, not us. We seem to do just fine until you show up. 

Good luck to you. You probably need it. 

Dan

• Like 3

No, no it doesn't. 

We are all picking on you, and you share none of the cause. 

Just like the last time you turned the place upside down. The common denominator seems to be you, not us. We seem to do just fine until you show up. 

Good luck to you. You probably need it. 

Dan

No, its not everybody, its just you and one other smartmouth.

There is a list of people on here who can point out where I am wrong about something, who are right and can explain it with intelligence, who have something positive to contribute, and whom I repect, but you add nothing of value, have no ideas, and have nothing positive to add, you are just running your mouth (keyboard) and talking crap for no good reason, All you are doing is being a jerk. YOU and your attitude are the problem here so just shut up and go do something productive with yourself if you have nothing of value to contribute. Go pull wings of flies or somethng you damned troll.

Nice rims Ferp! Are they 4 x 100 and 4 x 114.5(?)?

Ask and you shall receive, but you got to put up and shut up to hear the answer. It sounds like I hear some whiny kid here who's a know it all. Thats a shame. I wish I knew it all some days but boy... I bet it would get old quick with out something new to learn! I look over some of my old posts and think "Is that me talking?"!

Yo'J

Nice rims Ferp! Are they 4 x 100 and 4 x 114.5(?)?

Ask and you shall receive, but you got to put up and shut up to hear the answer. It sounds like I hear some whiny kid here who's a know it all. Thats a shame. I wish I knew it all some days but boy... I bet it would get old quick with out something new to learn! I look over some of my old posts and think "Is that me talking?"!

Yo'J

It seems like you are just joking, but if otherwise, please lighten up, give the other guy the benefit of the doubt, and hey, its HIS vehicle, and its entirely up to him what he needs, wants or prefers. Who wants to spend half ther bank account on rims if they are not sure that they won't regret it, eh? I see no reason why any rims should cost more than $200 unless they are the downright coolest things since Elvis or something.

I found a possible lead on something, and the picture below has more than one answer for what I want to do:

buckshots_zps74d260da.jpg

This guy has 4 lug rims, but those tires are not the standard 3 sizes that every tire shop keeps telling me is all there is.
I KNOW there are other tires out there, whether specialty or offroad, etc.
I did a search based on the name/words printed on those tires, and could not find any so far that are 13" wheels.
Maybe this guy modified his rims in such away that they look like stock rims still ?, or maybe such tires for 13" rims really exist ?
These tires look fairly knobby/offroad, but they look cool.They would be a middle ground that would still look good enough on a street rig...

UPDATE; Ah- HA!!!

MaxxisP18580R13_zps520e6c8d.jpg
Ah.... HAA !!!

P17580R13_zpsdf03fcbe.jpg

Ah... HA HA-HA !!!!

SP32-20141202-175524_zps9ff3b2ca.jpg

TireCalc1_zps87a6f74c.jpg
TireVis1_zps4c8abe9f.jpg

TireCalc2_zpsda7811ca.jpg
TireVis2_zpse29d5534.jpg

THIS means I have a CHOICE !!!
I don't have to worry about rims, or adapters, or drilling holes in anything !!!
I can use my stock, sturdy 13" steel rims, and dress them up !!!
No cost for modifying work !!! No cost for Adapters and shipping !!! No cost for more/new rims !!!
I can either get fairly mediocre but very afordable almost stock tires, slightly bigger than what I have now, that will likely fit in my spare tire space under the hood, or for around twice or three times as much money I can get REALLY COOL TIRES !!! - OH! I feel SO much better now !!!

Edited by Subaruist

And good look finding anything bigger than a 185 70 13, the 185 80 13 is really hard to find.

About the top picture of the Brat, I think you are right.

But otherwise, check the stats - I got 2 out of 3 of those tire pics/ads straight from the Maxxis company site.

They DO EXIST. The tires below the picture are all for 13 inch rims !!!

YES !!!

I just got an email:

"Hi Jay,   The best fitting tire for what you’re looking for would be the 175/80R13  Milestar ½” Whitewall for $66 each –  In-Stock. "

Edited by Subaruist