Ultimate Subaru Message Board

"Pro" heater core quality

I guess i'll get it, as it seems to be the only one available. Local parts houses around here dont even list it as available.

I was debating throwin the old one back in (its all taken apart for rodent related cleaning, not cuz of a failure) since its built like a tank with no corrosion evident.

Thanks!

I still find it funny that anecdotal evidence from people i have never met, makes me feel better about a purchase like this. :)

• Like 1

Hey Jonas,

What year is your brat? Just curious cuz....

Rockauto sent me the wrong one! It looks to be fine quality, but the pipes attached to the core are way, way too long, pointed in the wrong direction, and the core isnt nearly as thick as the stock one.

So to sum up, Pro heater cores appear to be good, but rockauto sucks balls and im never ordering from them again. Ive used them 5 times....and only twice did i get what i actually wanted.

Wish i saw this post sooner. I did the same thing you did. The heater core didn't work from rock auto. After i sent some pictures they accepted it and gave me my money back but i was out on the shipping charges.

I have bought to from the local part store (o'reilly's) and they have lined up and worked great.

Wish i saw this post sooner. I did the same thing you did. The heater core didn't work from rock auto. After i sent some pictures they accepted it and gave me my money back but i was out on the shipping charges.

I have bought to from the local part store (o'reilly's) and they have lined up and worked great.

I wish you did, too!

I checked every parts house around here...except o'reilly. Their counter monkeys dont know sh1t from shinola. (The one local to me anyways)

Edited by spazomatic

Partsgeek it is. Part seems to fit ok.

The core o'reilly sells DOES NOT FIT. At least, the one i got did not. The inlet and outlet pipes do not point in the right direction. Close, but not quite. And if youve ever had one of these out, you know why they needed to be pointed in exactly the right direction.