Ultimate Subaru Message Board

- ABANDONED SUBARU ALERT -

The Subaru below has been seemingly abandoned in Medford for 3 - 4 days according to the business owner who says it is going to get towed within the next couple of days, possibly as early as tomorrow.

If anyone knows who the owner is, please tell them ASAP, as it looks like it has had some serious electrical, cooling, and possibly other engine-related problems, and as such, if they cannot afford repairs,they likely will not be able to afford getting it out of impound or the towing yard if it is towed.

SAM_2188_zps7b940516.jpg SAM_2187_zps42fa25f7.jpg

Otherwise, if the owner DOES abandon it, and it gets towed away, maybe one or more people here on the forum in the Medford vicinity would like to pitch in a few bucks each to aquire it for parts. No need to let it potentially go to the crusher.

Edited by Subaruist

The registration is still good for almost another entire year.

Two bottles of coolent in the back - means cooling system problems.

Gas can and rope in the back, so It may have broken down on the street nearby and been towed/pushed to its present location.

Coil on the front bumper - means electrical/starting problems.

Very little else in the car, except for a very few misc personal items, like a cheap 'custom' dagger,  that would indicate young/teen driver or owner.

Owner has left it there for reportedly 3-4 days, and has apparently not been able to get a friend to help tow/pull it home, and cannot afford to pay for a tow, or its possible that they got into trouble so they could not make it back to take care of it, or just said to hell with it and went on with their life.

Rear bumper is one big, long piece of angle iron with a trailer hitch ball welded on it. lol

How many times have I seen similar, lol. I used to buy things like this, take them home and strip them for parts, lol.

I like the wheels too, except that they are aluminum.

The tires are very low on tread.

I like the front brush guard, except my brat is going to be street, not off-road. Not sure if it would even bolt on to my Brat.

I would love to pull a lot of misc. little parts off of it.... Alternator, water pump, gas pump, interior, etc.

I want the seats if they are good ! lol.

Edited by Subaruist

Find that owner! 

The more I think about it, the more I think that either the owner wrote it off / does not value it, or got into trouble and will not be able to recover it.

If it were mine, or belonged to most anyone who frequents a forum like this, it would not be there still.

I would get a friend to pull it, or pay $50 to get it towed - unless it was in such bad condition that it was not worth it, which again would indicate that it has been written off.

If he loved it, it would probably not be there. He would have at least contacted the business owner and told them he would be back soon for it, or asked them not to tow it because they are working to get it back, and has not, according to the business owner.

My bet is that it is an abandoned orphan.

Edited by Subaruist

The registration is still good for almost another entire year.

Two bottles of coolent in the back - means cooling system problems.

Gas can and rope in the back, so It may have broken down on the street nearby and been towed/pushed to its present location.

Coil on the front bumper - means electrical/starting problems.

Very little else in the car, except for a very few misc personal items, like a cheap 'custom' dagger,  that would indicate young/teen driver or owner.

Owner has left it there for reportedly 3-4 days, and has apparently not been able to get a friend to help tow/pull it home, and cannot afford to pay for a tow, or its possible that they got into trouble so they could not make it back to take care of it, or just said to hell with it and went on with their life.

Rear bumper is one big, long piece of angle iron with a trailer hitch ball welded on it. lol

How many times have I seen similar, lol. I used to buy things like this, take them home and strip them for parts, lol.

I like the wheels too, except that they are aluminum.

The tires are very low on tread.

I like the front brush guard, except my brat is going to be street, not off-road. Not sure if it would even bolt on to my Brat.

I would love to pull a lot of misc. little parts off of it.... Alternator, water pump, gas pump, interior, etc.

I want the seats if they are good ! lol.

If you end up with it please PM me and I'll buy the wheels from you.

so that is what a brush bar is !

we call them bull bar, or 'roo bar - that one certainly looks better rated as a brush bar.only as bulls and 'roo's would make a mess of it :)

What is wrong with organising to tow it to safety for the benefit of the owner, advertise you have it in a public notice or follow abandoned vehicle laws while it is on your property and aquire it by legal means. Cewrtainly if the owner has abandoned it, won't care. But, if they have come to some sort of grief and what you then do would be a favour for a fellow subie nut ??

• Like 1

- UPDATE -

According to the business owner 'somebody' hooked up to it and took it away, and it was not towed, so it looks like the owner finally clamed it.

- That or someone stole it!

I am laughing because of how we were all circling like vultures, wanting to claim its vital parts! lol...

If I had enough money to make some reasonable offer on it for a parts car I would have left a note on the windshield.

I had cleverly reserved 'first dibs' for myself by not giving its exact location, lol...

Oh well, we should all keep an eye out for dead, abandoned, or forgotten Subarus in general. None should ever go to waste, even if dead.

Edited by Subaruist
  • Like 1

- UPDATE -

According to the business owner 'somebody' hooked up to it and took it away, and it was not towed, so it looks like the owner finally clamed it.

- That or someone stole it!

I am laughing because of how we were all circling like vultures, wanting to claim its vital parts! lol...

If I had enough money to make some reasonable offer on it for a parts car I would have left a note on the windshield.

I had cleverly reserved 'first dibs' for myself by not giving its exact location, lol...

Oh well, we should all keep an eye out for dead, abandoned, or forgotten Subarus in general. None should ever go to waste, even if dead.

Amen. I brought mine back to life. It would have been scrapped by the previous owner! I think I should change my username to vulture..

• Like 2