Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Cheers from England

I am a newbie to this forum. Have a 98/99 Legacy L (2.2 l) in stock kit.

The soob as 87,000 on it without any trouble. Can I expect some?

About 75-80% of our miles are at well above 80 mph ----cruise on continent several times a year where speed limits are to say the least flexible.

We are selling our BMW 328I convert to buy another newer Subaru. The bmw is my wife's car but she only drives mine when at all possible. She says it drives better.

Anyone ever come to Europe in/with their cars?

Welcome to the best board on this side of the pond :cool:

If you havent changed the timing belts yet, I would seriously consider it. I'm not real familiar with that year, most get a belt change at 60K.

Have you looked at the new STI? If its in your price range, its a nice car.

Not very easy to freight a car over to cruise the AB. But renting (?) would be cool if you had a good choice of cars.

The 2.2 in the Leg's and Imprezza's is an increadably reliable engine. Like Turbone pointed out, you may want to change the cam belts if they haven't been done. I took my first set to about 90k. but for the 2.2 I think the recomendation is around 80k.

I am somewhere around 187k now and have not had to replace anything other than belts, gaskets, etc.

There are a handful or Europeans on the board, I'm sure they'll chime in before too long. The one I can think of offhand is "Setright" who is very knowledgeable in all things Subaru.

Welcome aboard,

We changed the belt at 60K miles. In UK all is still in miles.

Have no complaint about Legacy except the damn Spanish drivers have managed to scrape the paint off the bumpers on all 4 corners. Great car for steady 90-100 mph cruising. Jealous???

We shipped this one from the states. Got it certfied and liscensed without too much problem. I would like to send another one over but keep the AMerican plates ---- any suggestions.

You don't see too many Soobs around except in the few towns that have dealerships. In Spain (winter res) our nearest dealer is 400 miles away.

Here in UK nearest is about 40 miles and too damn busy to be interested in another customer. But, that is England for you.

well I don't know if you can keep the plates on unless you have them on for show under the EU plates (most guys over here do the opposite) unless your in the US military lol but anyways might look into a WRX here or just try the dealership again and if they say they are too busy then goto the one near your winter residence cause the WRX's over there are a lil more powerful due to the loose emissions standards over on your side of the pond