Ultimate Subaru Message Board

94 legacy awd cruise control

there should be a button/switch on the brake pedal arm (well above the foot pad) and if you have a manual, there will be another one behind the clutch pedal arm - again, well up there - i want to say just above the pivot point...

for the vacuum line - there are two cables that run to the throttle plate - follow them back to the firewall - one will go thru the firewall with no major changes, the other will go to a small vacuum canister - that is for the cruise system

both cables are supposed to have just a little bit of slack in them - they should not be tight against the throttle plate at rest so the throttle plate can close fully/properly.

both cables should be at about the same amount of slack adjustment. it isnt/doesnt need to be much, maybe 1/16th inch, but it does need to be there.

If the cruise cable is much looser than the other, it kind of says to me there was an issue with it that the previous owners didnt want to spend the time/money investigating and they (or thier mechanic) loosened the cable so it wouldnt interfere with normal driving of the car.

Lol dude this car was pretty neglected in my opinion.it almost feels to me that where the throttle is mounted needs to have another shim put on it. I'd love to use my c/c as I'm doing a 1600 mile road trip back to port Angeles Washington from rifle colorado.

Lol dude this car was pretty neglected in my opinion.it almost feels to me that where the throttle is mounted needs to have another shim put on it. I'd love to use my c/c as I'm doing a 1600 mile road trip back to port Angeles Washington from rifle colorado.

I can relate - 1600 miles of holding the throttle gets old quick - even on these cars. Just try to understand that the cruise control may not be an "easy fix".

Even after getting a bunch of new parts for the one we had that was missing the clutch button - as in a complete OE cruise install kit - never did get the cruise to work on it & never did figure out why... <_<