Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Selling my 86 Rx Turbo $700 or best offer

Selling my 1986 subaru gl turbo figured id post it here first so maybe a real subaru fan would put it to use, i aquired it recently from a friend with no title but could be dorted without to much hasle, runs am drives well, has some problems but is a perfect parts car for a brat or GL was going to part it out. Metallic blue original paint, decent interior few holes in seats an what not text any time for pictures and more details (541) 600 5684 located about 30 miles west eugene

Is the last registered owner the person you aquired it from?

In Oregon.....In order to get a replacement title, you must have a signature from the last registered owner, on a DMV "lost title" application form.

If the person you got it from is not the last registered owner, or you don't know who the owner was, or you can't find them.....Your Screwed.

Better off to leave it on someone you know's property and get them to then "give" it to you with an  "Abandonment Lein"

Until you do one of those things and have a title you can't really sell the car.  You don't own it.  And anyone that buys it from you without that paperwork is a fool.

Also Wrong Forum.....Mods move to "for Sale"

I am located in noti oregon, between eugene an flowrence, i have the signitures of the last registered owner on a aplication for new title an a bill of sale from the owner, the car is not stolen haha, an besides that id like to see it used for a parts car for a brat or retro subaru or somethin. Its perfect for that

I am located in noti oregon, between eugene an flowrence, i have the signitures of the last registered owner on a aplication for new title an a bill of sale from the owner, the car is not stolen haha, an besides that id like to see it used for a parts car for a brat or retro subaru or somethin. Its perfect for that

Ohh the car is laat registered in washington, so it has to be filed at a WA DMV, unless the cars gonna be a parts car

As long as you have those on the washington forms, you are good to go.  Although if the paperwork is dated, there will be a late title fee assesed.  I wash't suggesting it was stolen.....or at least that you don't think it is.....without a title you don't really know.

Only thing to use on a Brat from it would be Rear disc and maybe seats........and even for parts you have to have a title.  It is illlegal even for "parts" to "sell" a car you don't own.

*note* and unrelated Property owner or landlord may dipose of abandon vehichles worth less than $500 by giving them WITHOUT CONSIDERATION (meaning s/he can't accept money for it) to an unrelated individual after making good faith effort to contact person resoponsible for the abandonment.

I called the sheriffs department. Thing is confirmed not stolen. And someone wanted the motor an tranny an transfer case, disc brakes, wheels, and seats an some more litle things. Thats alota little spoob... Kinda qualifies as a parts rig to me? Haha an its a good running car.

I called the sheriffs department. Thing is confirmed not stolen. And someone wanted the motor an tranny an transfer case, disc brakes, wheels, and seats an some more litle things. Thats alota little spoob... Kinda qualifies as a parts rig to me? Haha an its a good running car.

Still can't legally sell it without a title.  If you have the ssigned paperwork from the last owner, you need to get the title in your name before you can legally sell it.  Technically.

Anyone who does buy it, will be stuck unable to scrap the body since a title is required to "junk" a car.

Blah blah... who gives a codswallop i garantee in eugene you could call a scrapper out of the paperr an sell the body with no title ive done it before. Haha its not even worth a grand an its 28 year old subaru. Dont have to keep sayin its "illeagle" haha no one cares bucko its a good parts car

You are probably right about getting some tweaker to come haul it off.  Still doesn't make it a legal sale.  The buyer will be stuck having to literally chop hte car up to get scrap value for it.  This is my industry and I am very aware of all the laws.....Been burned on "lost title" deals before ending up having to spend money to get rid of cars. 

You sir, have proven that you are EXACTLY the kind of seller that gives Eugene it's shady character and a bad reputation, Bucko.  Though I can't say if you contribute to the smell having not met you.

You can do whatever you want but anyone reading this thread should beware.  It will be a nightmare to get rid of the body once it's parts are stripped. 

Don't want the comments?  Then don't come join our forum for no other reason than to hawk your "I might own it/no title" car IN THE WRONG SECTION OF THE FORUM NO LESS!!!

Mods move or close or what the heck ever this really doesn't need to be here.

Edited by Gloyale

Haha word man im just tryn to sell this car for nothing pretty much cuz i honestly thought it was a cool litle car an somebody that was into would want it because i never see them hahah i honestly just have 3 other cars an dont need it but i will just go drive the piss out of it if no one wants this goddamn car really? I have 50 acres an could have alotta fun with it i just figured why kill it? Subarus seam popular around here figured hey someone needs it.. eugene is shady but i didnt intend to come off as tryn to push some half assed deal on someone. My phone is messin up on the enternet how do i delete this whole thing?