Ultimate Subaru Message Board

94 legacy awd hauling question

Hey guys so I just bought my newest subi and almost have the thing running like a wet dream and am starting to pack up. My question- I'm trying to take my motorcycle 390lbs and my dirtbike 180lbs. Am I gonna get away with hauling 600lbs + me and some other gear?

Should be fine, do you own the trailer?  U-haul wold not do it.

U-haul recently rented me a trailer that would fit 2 bikes easy......Even had a notch for the front tire to rest in.

We picked it up with a 2003 Outback H6.....Not really any more car than the 94 Leggy except a couple extra cylinders.

IDK, they might rent it to you just say you want to take one motorcycle not 2.

If you can fit the bikes inside it should be fine. You probably already know it's really easy to remove the flip up rear seat so that the back seats lay down flatter. On my '94 I pulled the passenger seat too, that adds a lot of cargo space, with the passenger seat and back seats out the thing is cavernous. I'd say try to keep not too much weight behind the rear axle, I've noticed then the front end feel a little squirrely over bumps.

Maybe it's just towing another vehicle that uhaul is picky about, I thought they wanted the tow vehicle to be at least double the weight of the vehicle being towed or something like that.

I'd have to take off the forks of my motorcycles and the tires of bothand tail of my full size and it'll fit great. Thanks for the good new guys. I'm 19 uhaul wont rent to me. And the extra weight from the bikes will be worth it if the worst should occur. I'm planning on shipping everything else I own back to Washington. And I'm currently in Colorado.

Edited by PA Grown