Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Scored a lift kit the other day...

So I picked up a used SJR lift kit the other day,  I was told its a 3 inch lift kit that's supposed to fit my BRAT.  I have a 1980 1st gen BRAT, not sure if that makes any difference for the lift.   I emailed the maker of the lift for further specifics ( I understand he's been a member here for a while)

So my reason for the post, is I was wanting input from anyone that's installed these before.  This will be my first time installing a lift ( and I likely wont get around to installing it until next spring)

So any help just letting me know what I'm in for, or things I need to beware of before installing this would be much helpful!

post-51403-0-54665300-1413951274_thumb.jpg

????

Hate it kill your dream... But that's a ea81 lift kit not a ea71... First gen brats are build different and require more spisific blocks.. SJR hasn't build a lift kit for one as far as I know. Thats a second gen brat lift kit for sure..

Edited by d8usti5n

You'll have to let me know if you start building first gen brat lifts.

Its to bad your so far up there or id say bring it to me and id build you a custom lift for it.. Im working on getting one from a freind so i can build them for people like your self.. Hope you didnt pay much for the kit...

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/148582-anderson-design-fabrication/

Patrick

Edited by d8usti5n
  • Like 1

Hey, i have a 1980 Brat too i'm beginning work on and i've been thinking about a 4" lift for it. Patrick or Scott do either of you guys make a 4" first gen lift?

Also d8 show me a pic of your car i'd like to see it!

post-51403-0-41667900-1414039534_thumb.jpg

Its still got a ways to go. ready to get the dumb Chevy 4x4 stickers off there. planning on painting it a darker shade of blue, have a roll bar and push bar that I'm going to put on it, and plan on doing the bed with bed liner, also have the jump seats to put it inn. but yeah! its my fun on wheels :-D

Edited by d8usti5n

1675taq.jpg

Lookin good! Just tonight i was able to have a friend help me push my relic into the garage. It sat for 14 years behind a ladies house untouched and i saved it. She said the car crusher people were going to give her $150 for it so i said i'll give you $300 and 5 months later brought it home. I have a new thread in members rides labeled "rescued" where i will document alot of my work. Can't wait till mine drives the streets again!

1675taq.jpg

Lookin good! Just tonight i was able to have a friend help me push my relic into the garage. It sat for 14 years behind a ladies house untouched and i saved it. She said the car crusher people were going to give her $150 for it so i said i'll give you $300 and 5 months later brought it home. I have a new thread in members rides labeled "rescued" where i will document alot of my work. Can't wait till mine drives the streets again!

. Thats a heck of a deal, looks pretty good!