Ultimate Subaru Message Board

G'day!

Hey fellas, My name is Twinklz, just bought a 1992 Brumby base model 4SPD for a daily! it's got 179xxx kilometres on the clock! drives like a dream too! Unfortunately, the previous owner was an apprentice heavy diesel mechanic and he "rebuilt" the engine himself, :(. im the three days i've owned it, i have discovered the sump was prised off the block with the "assistance" of a 5'' grinder and a cutting disc. ( enter a new sump! $125!) The RHS drivershaft seal/gasket/ whatever keeps my gearbox fluid from coming out, has failed ($200!) the steering knuckles were fingertight! :unsure:  The sump was also full of metal shavings, but the block has just been (200 k's ago) machined, so hopefully it';s not a bad sign! Last but not least, the 2.5'' exhaust and the 4.5'' cannon have bits of RIO as hangers! however im keeping it for a daily and will fix it and restore it to the day it rolled out of the factory!

• Like 1