Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Changes made, see other post by me.

Hey all, I posted this up a while back, but didn't get much response, but here we are 2 weeks out, so I thought I would throw it up again. The Rogue Roo's will be at the Oregon Dunes National Park for Memorial Day weekend. If you love sand (like I do), or have never experienced it before and want to add another terrain type to your soobs Exploits, come along with us. We will be leaving the Medford Area on Friday, and prolly heading back late Sunday. For those of you that know the area, we will be in the Spinreel area. If you are interested and want any info, then jes drop me a line. Hope to see ya there.

About how far is the round trip there and back? I would like to go but need to know how much I need to get for gas and supplies. Also how the car doe from now and them. Anyhoo I am sure I will be going and robert will be riding.

Matt

From down here it's something like 170 miles there so 340 round trip, plus the miles you put on while on the sand, so you can say some where in the area of 350-380 miles for this trip. For me this comes out to about 4 tanks of gas. So I'm putting aside about 100 bucks for gas. And another 50 for food and misc stuff. I still need to get my atv permit.

Crappola. One thing I forgot, was talking to a friend thats also going up, there is another permit that we need in order to actually stay the night out on the sand, it's the Northwest Forest Pass, we need one in each vehicle, much like the ATV permit, the good thing is that all associated passengers are covered under the one permit, so if you have 5 people in one rig, they all camp regardless. Last two years they didn't come up to where we set up camp and check so I dunno. I'm getting one this year because I know the whole 3 strikes your out, Karmic retrobution thing will bite me in the @$$ if I don't.

It looks like I wont be able to make it. I had a little incident:confused: with a log and the ground while riding my bike. So now all my extra funds are used up paying off my broken wrist:mad:. If I can somehow get enough money together I will defently go, but it aint looking so great.

Matt