Ultimate Subaru Message Board

to the original poster - Ej22 is single port exhaust so carry the exhaust manifold over with the engine.

use EJ25 flexplate (if automatic) on EJ22 engine.

the EJ25 will be an EGR equipped engine.  if the 1997 isn't EGR it'll have a check engine light due to that.  but it will still plug and play and run great anyway.

install a metal separator plate and seal it on the EJ22.

install a new timing component kit - belt, pulleys, tensioner - they're like $100 for Gates kits on amazon - great deal.

Hello, I'm new to Subarus. I just bought a '95 impreza wagon/hatchback. I saw that a '97 is interference engine. Does that cover the '95 2.2??  thx  didn't mean to jump on here. I'm just reading all I can.    B)

no - 1995's are non-interference.

EJ22's are non-inteference up until 1996

Interference 1997 and up.

• Like 1

to the original poster - Ej22 is single port exhaust so carry the exhaust manifold over with the engine.

use EJ25 flexplate (if automatic) on EJ22 engine.

the EJ25 will be an EGR equipped engine.  if the 1997 isn't EGR it'll have a check engine light due to that.  but it will still plug and play and run great anyway.

install a metal separator plate and seal it on the EJ22.

install a new timing component kit - belt, pulleys, tensioner - they're like $100 for Gates kits on amazon - great deal.

no - 1995's are non-interference.

EJ22's are non-inteference up until 1996

Interference 1997 and up.

http://www.amazon.com/Gates-TCK254-Timing-Belt-Component/dp/B000C2ULA0/ref=pd_sbs_auto_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=11C8Y6ZYEMQTFG1G40HY

is that correct the kit?