Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '94 Loyale: Subaru Utility Wagon

SubaruJawn

The only other 4 bolt rim I can think of are those that are on the older hondas like the civics but I doubt you'll find any rims that match that pattern.

You just drive them? You don't have any fun in them basically? Haha. It's cool, to each their own bro.

love this post as i'm thinking 2 inch lift VS 4. May i ask the rim size and tire diameter in the lifted photos?

Are 27 inch wheels going to have rubbing issues? 

i'm running 14"s from Mazda B2200 total diamtere of the rear is 25.52 " for every 2" bigger the tire half that will be closer to the body..

i measured 14" from center to body given that 18"  will fit i backed off 2"

27" is 2" bigger than 27" so the 27" will be 1" closer to the body.

if you go 4" lift you will have a hell of a time getting it installed, the 2" i didnt need the frame drop.

Edited by SubaruJawn

My 4" loweres everything in the rear 2" to center the tires better in the wheel well and so its not so hard to install the 4" brackets lol.

Looking good though man!!

i'm running 14"s from Mazda B2200 total diamtere of the rear is 25.52 " for every 2" bigger the tire half that will be closer to the body..

i measured 14" from center to body given that 18"  will fit i backed off 2"

27" is 2" bigger than 27" so the 27" will be 1" closer to the body.

if you go 4" lift you will have a hell of a time getting it installed, the 2" i didnt need the frame drop.

love this post as i'm thinking 2 inch lift VS 4. May i ask the rim size and tire diameter in the lifted photos?

Are 27 inch wheels going to have rubbing issues? 

Edited by Prwa101
  • Like 1

yep.. called wheel spacers. they go between the wheel and hub. i have 5 mm on my loyale when i run my 205/55/r16

mine used to rub when peeps in the back seat. if interested i'll send picture.

Hez referring to moving the rear wheel backwards in the wheel well. It sits close to the front of the wheel arch because of the lift.
  • Like 2

The main Trailing arm bar right below your "move it" arrow. if you were to lower that then it would center the tires bun then you'd love 2" of Clarence. On my 4" kits i lower it 2" to center the tire better.

Have to think about this one ? ...  Your saying that the DIFF drop would push it back? I won't really have a opinion until I lift mine next month. Does the Lift kit with drop lower the position on the control arms mounts .. 

What kit are you going with?

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

i currently have hesitation issues with my loyale.

i checked for trouble codes, i got 23 and 32 so i cleaned the MAF sensor helped a bit i think

after resetting the ecu i get no more trouble codes just blinks 5 times pause (and hhrepeat)

i still have the hesitation, some times so bad the whole car rocks back and forth (like riding a mechnical bull) clears and can continue driving at times it very little for a few seconds. 1 fine beautiful day (75degree temp and sun shine) went to work (a 20min drive) absolutley no hestitation..

for the record i have all new plugs and wires which are all NGK's.

new disty cap.

what can cause this hesiatation ?!

cant figure it out, gotten me all Pi**ed off many times.

any help is greatly appreciated

I just dealt with my own hesitation issue last week (92 Loyale wagon). 

I normally just use Lucas cleaner more agressively and it clears up after a tank or two.

This time it needed more attention. I thought maybe I had a bad tank of gas because it started happening after a fill-up at a station I never go to and the pump was barely pumping (took like 20 minutes to fill). So thought I got some nasty stuff from the stations tank. 

Maybe that was the cause.

Either way, I had not cleaned the MAF sensor in over a year so I sprayed that along with throttle body etc. Crossed my fingers that this was all I needed to do and so far that seems to be the case  :D

I also tossed in seafoam into a fresh tank of gas and changed oil. She is running great now. 

Added a few new decals to reward her ;)

Good luck with your issue, I will monitor this so I know what else to look for when I am not so lucky in future. O2 sensor etc.

post-51361-0-57324100-1429197907_thumb.jpg

Have you checked the Rotor, inside the Distributor?

Kind Regards.

No i havent yet. but will when payday comes (tomorrow)

I just dealt with my own hesitation issue last week (92 Loyale wagon). 

I normally just use Lucas cleaner more agressively and it clears up after a tank or two.

This time it needed more attention. I thought maybe I had a bad tank of gas because it started happening after a fill-up at a station I never go to and the pump was barely pumping (took like 20 minutes to fill). So thought I got some nasty stuff from the stations tank. 

Maybe that was the cause.

Either way, I had not cleaned the MAF sensor in over a year so I sprayed that along with throttle body etc. Crossed my fingers that this was all I needed to do and so far that seems to be the case  :D

I also tossed in seafoam into a fresh tank of gas and changed oil. She is running great now. 

Added a few new decals to reward her ;)

Good luck with your issue, I will monitor this so I know what else to look for when I am not so lucky in future. O2 sensor etc.

an oil change is in order, it needed an oil change when i boufgt it and 6 months later i still havent changed it..

i have ran seafoam once, may be time again. and run some through the crank case before oil change.

would needing headgaskets be some cause ? i know he needs head gaskets