Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Walker Valley Fall Trail Run.

tedbull

Blown headgasket.  Its bubbling lots of exhaust through the radiator.  Going to start piecing together the parts for an EJ swap.

I've got a 1/2" thick piece of glass you can borrow if you want to fix the HG issue. It works well and allows you to start and finish a HG job in an afternoon

Josh

I hadn't seen this was posted on here, but I went and made a run for the 29th the Saturday after Thanksgiving on the NWWO FB Page......

Jeff

Right on. Sounds like a plan. So Saturday 11-29-14. That might give Nathaniel enough time to do head gaskets.

Take lots of pictures... I'll be out chasing elk.

Good luck on your hunting trip!

There should be lots of good pictures and video from this trip. Between Nathaniel and my cousin Stan, who is riding with me, we've got two really good photographers. I also got my Gopro working right and I intend on putting the entire trip, or at least the good parts on youtube.

Josh

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What do you guys run for tire PSI? I am equipped with 29" maxxis big horns on 15" alloy Peugeot wheels. What would be a good PSI for driving down the highway, wheeling the trails, and driving home without having to mess with it?

I also have 29" Bighorns.  I usually run around 35.  I do a lot of highway miles to and from walker.  I never air down for the trails, I probably should but I'm lazy and don't have a good mobile air compressor.  I have never had any issues.

I run my tires at 28psi all the time and for me, it seems to be a good middle ground. I've aired down a few times for deep powdery snow, but these cars are so light that they just don't sink.

What would be best on your rig is something you need to figure out for yourself. Its based on things like vehicle weight, cargo, tires, terrain, conditions, and driving style. It takes some trail time to figure out, but if we get more trips going, it wont take long.

Josh

• Like 1