Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81 weber adapter plate in the UK

dan595

Hi I have an EA81 motor fitted into my Barchetta 595 . I decided to replace the Hitachi carb with a weber so ordered from the US  the redline kit for the EA81 but the adapter plate does not line up with my UK manifold . Does anyone know of an adapter plate that can be used ? The studs on my manifold are approx. 78.5mm and 44mm apart . The ones on the redline #9904.110 are about 7mm different from this .

Is there an adapter that can be modded easily ? I was even going to look into having the thing ali welded to the manifold but am not sure how expensive or successful this will be.

Maybe someone out there has had the same dilemma .

I Agree with Gloyale, Welding the Aluminium Adapter to the Aluminium intake manifold is your best and easier bet; I've done it several times, always with great results, you only need to close the water passage that is on the intake manifold, for the old hitachi carb, prior to the welding job; also by welding, you avoid future vacuum leaks due to worn seals between the intake manifold and the adapter plate.

Kind Regards.

Wow! ... :o ... that is Extremely expensive, especially if you compare with our Latin American Prices, here people never want anything for an Hour nor any timing, only for the Job done; in fact for welding the same, at an excellent quality shop, I only paid the equivalent of $ 15.ºº US Dollars, in our Currency, the Lempira.

Kind Regards.