Ultimate Subaru Message Board

GL Wagon sighting on new Discovery Channel show, Edge of Alask

I happened to be flipping channels and was watching a new "reality show' on Discovery Channel called Edge of Alaska. Pretty long segment showing an 83-84 GL Wagon stuck on side of road. Premise was the guy was leaving town and had to catch a flight so he ended up riding a horse to get out of town. Left the GL on the side of the road.  

I guess it was SCRIPTED reality cuz we all know that GL didn't get stuck in the snow.

anybody else catch that?

Not to mention the guy was driving it like a total idiot.

They showed a pick of bald all season tires somewhere in there as well. I still bet if they threw it in reverse it might have came out. Its all a bunch of crap drama anyway.

Edited by stratman977

I have managed to get my GLs / Loyales stuck ocasionally. Older snow that is not powdery light and fluffy will do it.

Did see that show. Would have made sense to have the horse pull the car out. Not sure if the steam around the front was just snow on hot parts, or radiator leak...

I have managed to get my GLs / Loyales stuck ocasionally. Older snow that is not powdery light and fluffy will do it.

Did see that show. Would have made sense to have the horse pull the car out. Not sure if the steam around the front was just snow on hot parts, or radiator leak...

• Like 1