Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my $800 impreza coupe

scrapperking

well before i discovered this site /before i purchased my brat, i had found/bought a 1995 impreza L ej22 coupe 4eat for $800 in late 2012 i rushed to the SF bay area to pick it up inspected the car in a not so nice neighborhood in San Jose the seller spoke only spanish and said one day reverse just gave out on him ,interior was beat ,radiator support needs to be replaced(salvage title) has 190k on her heads look very very clean i imagine they must have been rebuilt at some point! drove it home with no issues other than the no reverse which the seller informed me of prior to the deal(hint the such cheap price) which was no issue for me because prior to all that i had found and purchased a rolled 2003 wrx parts car from a local auction for very cheap ;) i drove it around for about 3/4 months no reverse then found and bought my brat and got that back on the road   but NOW i am finally ready to install after almost 2 years of hoarding/gathering parts!( i stored the car and put all my time and $$ into my brat but now that my brat will be needing  body work i am more motivated thatn ever to fix my Impreza! especially when i see other 2.5rs/impreza coupes on the road! i love driving my brat especially where i live but i will love the power gain of going from ea81 to ej22 and the mpg!  any advice /tips/comments welcomed! 

so far i have purchased

*goodyear gatorback timing belt kit

*bosch water pump

*complete 03 wrx 5 speed trans swap

*act LW flywheel

*exedy clutch kit

*grimspeed LW crank pulley 

*raceland ultimo coilovers

*05 wrx wheels

*03 wrx seats

*fiberglass front fenders

*cusco front strut bar

*rs25 bumper from a 2000 impreza

*03 wrx momo steering wheel

*seibon carbon fiber hood scoop

*new oem thermostat

heres a pic of the first day i got it on stock wheels which were replaced with 05 wrx wheels that i got for $250 on craigslist

imprezafirst.jpg

fordgr.jpg

also purchased some fiberglass front fenders and a carbon fiber sti strut bar(ended up finding a cusco front strut bar in my local junkyard a week after i got it hah!

partz.jpg

heres a picture of the 5 speed trans before i seperated it from the engine and cleaned it up!

i also got a act LW flywheel and exedy clutch ready to be installed just waiting on shop space to open up at my uncle's shop!

ej20.jpg

also found a rs2.5 front bumper at my local junkayrd pretty beat but for $30 not bad just had to cut the L bumper beam in half lol!

image.jpg

and the rolled 03 wrx donor car! i will be using the 2 piston front brakes and front seats on my impreza coupe as well

wrx.jpg

• Like 2

earlier in the year got these racelands installed and they are decent for the $, just wish i could adjust the dampening!

IMG_0143.jpg

Elkhorn Slough!

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

the impreza is supposed to be a nice " Caribbean Grean" but the previous owner sprayed it blue without even sanding the original paint,so like every car i buy it needs a paint job! going to do all that once i order my "ait b-magic 22b widebody kit"

IMG_1394.jpg

act flywheel and an "uncle scottys trans cocktail" for the wrx trans 

IMG_2156.jpg

IMG_2454.jpg

Next update will be removal of the burnt up/garbage 4eat and 03 wrx trans installation next week!

Edited by scrapperking
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

been real busy with things but finally an UPDATE

removed 4eat yesterday( 4eat and matching starter free if anyone needs em!)

for doing it my driveway the removal wasn't as bad as expected , 

10896889_10205785486135687_7518861678304

wrx gearbox in the back, so glad to have the auto trans finally out! 

10922744_10205785518656500_5607104116036

once the car is 5 speed swapped, paint will be addressed , just want it to be one solid color, or get the AIT 22b widebody kit  ;) 

10391445_10205382841109813_6173260473817