Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I am looking to buy a subaru and I've narrowed my choices down to 2000-10 Impreza WRX and 2005-09 Legacy GT Limited. What I'm wanting to know is what mods can I do to the LGT compared to the Impreza WRX and if there are such things as STi parts to put on the LGT and sources that I can use for research.

Thanks in advance.

I am looking to buy a subaru and I've narrowed my choices down to 2000-10 Impreza WRX and 2005-09 Legacy GT Limited. What I'm wanting to know is what mods can I do to the LGT compared to the Impreza WRX and if there are such things as STi parts to put on the LGT and sources that I can use for research.

Thanks in advance.

well, to answer generally, pretty sure all the Subaru turbo cars on your list can be upgraded with parts as well as 'tuned' by reflashing the ECU . In addition to STI parts swapped onto the WRXes, there are Subaru SPT parts and a huge range of aftermarket bits made for those cars.

sources for help, inspiration, guidance include 3-4 Forums like this one, youtube videos, local 'meets' and racing clubs (SCCA and maybe HPDE classes) 'tuner' shops in your area, etc.

definitely locate the Missouri group over at NASIOC to see if there are any 'meets. near Jefferson City. drive over and look at some cars.

1817119818_3cbce14894_b.jpg3142plateless by alckytxn, on Flickr

Edited by 1 Lucky Texan