Ultimate Subaru Message Board

90 loyale swap options

Hello awesome Subaru community!

I have a 90 loyale 3sp auto 4x4 wagon. I have recently come across a lightly wrecked 2002 legacy GT heading for the junkyard. I am interested in finding out what, if anything is swappable and links to what may be involved. I am particularly interested in hubs/brakes/wheels and engine. Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

Nothing is a direct fit at all.

The engine/trans could be fitted to your car....Search EJ swap......you'd have to tear out the whole 02 wiring harness and strip it to just enigne and trans wiring.

Front hubs could work .....search Five lug swap......rears no.

Rear shocks might be able to be used on the loyale if you are giving it a lift.

That's about it.

It can be done but you would have to be proficient to build a whole car and understand all involved and have the ability to invent and procure the right combination of parts to allow later model parts retrofits.

Ultimately you would have to salvage and trim the ecu and harness for the engine swap. It's worth it if you have a complete donor car and a solid recipient car to be worth the time and expense.

Thanks a bunch guys,

I just knew I had it available, but it doesn't sound very worthwhile as my ea82 runs just fine. I do like the idea of disk brakes and new rims, but if it wouldn't be a fairly simple swap, i don't know if i really want to tear it apart, being my daily driver and all. I may just have to wait until I can find a donor GL-10 or RX in my area.

Yeah you would have to make a frame off projecto for sure, and the labor to dismantle the donor car. You would have to commit to it to do so, and preferrable have other cars to get around in and the space and time to do so. 

In this case starting with an impreza as a project would be easier.