Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Loyale Body Molding Clips

Have you seen this post about those clips? Read through the thread... on pg 2 Scooner's post shows a pic of how he "drilled and tapped 8/32 screw, used adhesive mounting tape and fender washers with nuts on the back side" (he includes a photo).

The mouldings on my car were loose too; however, they were attached with Sikaflex adhesive, not clips. I removed the mouldings then re-attached them with 3M moulding tape - seems to be working well. Perhaps you could re-attach yours using moulding tape? For me, the most difficult part of the job was removing the old, dried out Sikaflex. I used an eraser wheel... you can read more about this here.

Don't wait too long to deal with this... the previous owner of my '85 GL wagon let it go too long... the rear-most moulding on each side was missing when I purchased the car this past July. I'm looking to find replacements.

Here are few pics that should clarify. Yes, on the sedans apparently they are metal, well two of the three are metal and one is a plastic thing. This is probably why the molding hasn't completely come off. Took the car through a touchless car wash a few weeks ago and this is what I got for it.

I may have found a source for these. I will update the thread later this week with the result for future documentation.

112_0250.jpg

From inside the trunk:

112_0252.jpg

Edited by MR_Loyale

Some super duper double sided tape might work really good for reattaching if both sides are really clean, or do what that shady scooner guy talks about and drill and tap the clips...wait didn't you say they were metal? Weird. I've got a couple of leftover clips if you want me to send then to you.