Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Trailer tires on a Soobie/Small car?

Several years ago a place in Jacksonville, North Carolina, listed a full set of 180/80-13 recapped snow tires. Anyways that is what they called them. They looked like mudgrips to me. I thought that to be a interesting find at the time but passed on them being they were recapped. On the other hand being my Brat hasn't seem an interstate in 8 years, only local puttering around, it would have in all likely hood been a viable option. I guess a person could search around and see if anyone still recaps a mud/snow style 180/80-13 anymore. If you minimize super high speed driving. I did see a 185/75-14 recap on Ebay that looked like it had the exact same tread style recently. Which I also found to be quite interesting. For now I will stick to my 185/75-14 Uniroyal on steel pugs. I did find a plastic plug that fits the center hole in the rim perfect. That has made me feel much better having the pugs installed on my Brat.