Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Should I keep the car bra on or not? (link to pics inside)

I would say no bra.

i never understood their purpose...they cover the front to prevent rock chips and what not...but you never see the good paint, because there is an ugly bra covering it all the time. so you are protecting paint you will never look at. its like taking a super model to the beach and making her wear a trench coat so she or he (pc :) ) might not get sun burned. I would rather have a uniform look to the car with a few chips up front than a huge leathery thing distorting the fine lines of my subaru ;)

besides if dust gets under there, it will scratch it up under there anyway, or the sun will fade the rest of the car and then if you remove the bra, it wont match.

wow, thats a lot to say about a car bra...I am a hoser...excuse me while I go justify my existence.:-\

I dont even have to look at the pictures to decide which looks best :) Never been a fan of those silly things. Typicly if the nose of your car is showing signs of wear and tear so is the rest of the body. What I find comical is the bras now that just cover 1/8th of your hood; not the front clip. Just what is that stupid thing suposed to do besides cuase more drag?

Let its Subaruness shine; dont cover it up :D

lol - the nuts part was good.

I am leaving it off.

it looked good when the paint was crappy and old, now it just sucks because of all the new paint, I don't know what I was thinking:banghead:

If it were a really dark color of brand new paint, and you planned on doing some cross-country stuff; I'd say leave it on. But that car is pretty enough in stock form.

Car Bra's do have thier place..... dont make the cars look 10x cooler, but say if you're driving from Arizona to Washington in a fully restored classic car for a car-show... They're worth owning. I have one for my BRAT (notice I didn't say *on* my brat).... not a huge fan of the way thers all that open-space on the fender..... but ah well. - will probably sport it for road trips.

I also agree in the fact that they shouldn't be left on all the time for fading/holding water/dirt etc... and those hood-only ones are beyond the normal standards of stupidity....

- Erik Hosa - Tacoma, WA -

You should look into Stongard. I work for Autogard in Bellevue, WA installing Stongard, and it seriously does an awesome job of protecting the paint. For those who don't know what Stongard is, it's a clear 9-mil adhesive-backed vinyl with a urethane layer on top that helps protect the paint from rock chips and other paint degredation. It's relatively inexpensive ($14/sq.ft or so) and does a great job.