Ultimate Subaru Message Board

rwd fun and lsd test

Those boots are awsome super strechy and slick im hoping they wont pick up mud and sand and ware through like the rubber boots do i got them on ebay fron one of those hong kong sellers i couldent find them here they where a $100 for 8 but my kit onky had 7 so im kinda bunned they are selling 4 for 50 i cant find singles other than the blue split boot they also have them in red and black but my car is blue so i went with the blue

These? http://www.ebay.com/itm/4pcs-Universal-Silicon-Constant-Velocity-CV-Boot-Joint-Kit-Replacement-/230910153051?hash=item35c351515b&vxp=mtr

I greased them up real good put my boots on and instaled them the only ither problem i couldent fix was the slop in the splines i tryed packing as much grease in there as i could.

You only want about 30/40 percent of the cavity packed or it will pop the the boots off from heat/compression

• Like 1

Weird. Figured since it's an sti underneath they'd do the rear diff that way

It's not an STi underneath. It's all Impreza but not STi. They have 4.44 final drive. Both 5spd and the auto. And have a VLSD 4.44 R160 rear diff. The motor is similar to what came in an STi, and the 04 you can actually plug and 04 STi ecu right in, of course you'll want to use the other stuff to go along with it. I did this to mine. STi turbo, intercooler, ecu, everything. And then did the full 6 spd swap with brembos and the R180. It was awesome.

It's not an STi underneath. It's all Impreza but not STi. They have 4.44 final drive. Both 5spd and the auto. And have a VLSD 4.44 R160 rear diff. The motor is similar to what came in an STi, and the 04 you can actually plug and 04 STi ecu right in, of course you'll want to use the other stuff to go along with it. I did this to mine. STi turbo, intercooler, ecu, everything. And then did the full 6 spd swap with brembos and the R180. It was awesome.

Pics? Sounds sweet

• 5 weeks later...

20150517_121535_zpsdpbnmgec.jpg

Thats the bad side lol the other side is cherry

I sold this car years ago but it still hasent been picked up it been resold and still not picked up im kicking my self for selling it in the first place its a hell of a sweet rig anyway its rwd at the moment to and since i had it on the ranch i figured i would take it out for a swing fest after a hour or so of doing doughnuts runnung at red line it ran out of gas they better not leave it to much longer im tempted to weld up the rear end