Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Helmgren Boys place 1-2

Well, my Dad and I went up to Bellingham today for the CSCC event #2. We co-drove his WRX in C6 class and placed an astonishing 1-2! I ran a 57.XX and he ran a 58.3X where the average was around a minute and the best times in dedicated race cars (Damn Bugeye Sprites) were 50.XX. Beat a lot of cars! The list includes an STi, bunch of VWs, bunch of MR2s, bunch of Porsches, a C4 corvette, modded WRXs and RSs. Mods to our car include a boost gauge and Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3 tires on stock wheels... Thats it!

So, when are you guys going to have me build you a Pro Rally car???

I don't think they'd let me run in the same class as you guys. Engine and tranny are now in the car, I think I have the wiring figured out, so maybe sometime in June I'll fire the puppy up.

Well, you didn't answer my question!!!!

I don't like the idea that if you knock over a cone it costs you time. I'm a very agressive driver. When I used to road race (SCCA F Production) there weren't any cones on the course. When I did the Baker to Barstow race, there weren't any cones in the road. I've never seen any cones on the main course at a Club or Pro Rally event. Come on, as long as I don't cut the course, or the rump roast end of the car swings wide and tips over a cone, why should I be penalized. I think I'll watch, it would really tick me off if I turned in the best time but lost only because I knocked over a few cones.