Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Small add-on's

So I'm a bit bored, and u guys here all made me like my brat even more in the past week or so.

Now I am looking for small add-on's to make it more... friendly to me.

I am not looking for engine enhancements, but more like accessories.

The black cover for the bed looks amazing - saw one on ebay for 200$ or so, I dont even wanna think about shipment cost to Israel :banghead:

and I also emailed this guy who makes stickers for brats - 130$ including shipment to Israel...

It looks like I'm gonna stick with the small accessories then..

I wanna start by adding tachometer, I just love to see the RPM going up :)

Now - which one should I get? I saw a link with about 1 zillion kinds of. Does anyone here have a specific kind I should use? and also, where is the best place to attach it to - Dashboard?

Any idea for small accessories will be welcome.

PM McBrat. He had a thread a short time ago about windshield banners for really reasonable prices. You might ask Zapar if he's going to offer WSSC6 stickers. I recently put a new cd player in mine - made a world of difference. Matching or contrasting mats are good. Depending on the shape of your seats, those are popular things to swap out. But frankly, the biggest change that made the biggest difference for me was putting a lift kit and larger tires/wheels on it. That opened up a bunch of new territiry for me.

Oh yeah, I've recently installed a decent CD player and nice speakers... "Psycho Killer" never sounded better.

Tonight I will pay a visit to Auto Depot - Might find a cute compass to installed there - maybe they will have a tachometer as well (although I doubt it, it is Israel after all...)

I like red interior overhead lights. YOur eyes adjust instantly to redlight at night. Flip them on and read! I used red bulbs with clear lenses on my map lights. Looks a LITTLE pink :( Would suggest red lenses if you can but the red bulbs do work.

Don't know what sort of broadcasting laws you have but a CB (Citizen Band) radio can be fun and usefull. Find out if they are legal there and if so I bet plenty of people use them.

I always carry a fire extingwisher in my rig. Great to have on hand when you need it! :D Also good to have if you come up on a fire. I always stop if I see smoke from a stalled vehicle cuz not a lot of ppl carry extingwishers.

Also keep a stash of fuses and fusible links in your glove box or tool box. :D A full Subaru tool pouch is great to have on hand. Got about everything you would need for a minor repair. I usually roll around with a full set of tools though.

I got the cutest thing ever! foot-shaped pedals :) chrome and black - so cute.

10 minutes and I got them in place - looks so cool! Will take a picture of it when I get a chance.

Also got small compass to the dashboard and a digital clock (which I got to cover some hole, but it is SO not in the correct size for it :-\ )

I like the pedals! and it was only 16$!

about the fire extingwisher - everyone here should carry one in his car by law

and the tools I got in this car are enought to take the car all apart and re-attached :)

Thanks for the help guys!

BlueSoob - got some stickers for me? ;)

How about a bumper sticker that says: Neturai Karta? Lekha l'Azzazel? :grin:
(EDIT): I found one part, "Neturai Karta" - an extreme ultra-orthodox Jewish sect.

(EDIT): "Lekha" - Go

(EDIT): "l'Azzazel" - Goat? (the only reference I could find)

it would be like, "Catholics? Go Goat?:grin: "

(catholicism is a part of christianity, like Neturai Karta is a part of judaism, although only in relation to their parent religion)

????

-AK

"Neturai Karta" - an extreme ultra-orthodox Jewish sect --> This is correct. These guys believe that Israel shouldn't exist and only when the messiah will come he will choose the place for them to sattle (in the meantime, of course, they are in Israel... Suprize Suprize. as if we dont have enought freaks here without them.

"Lekha l'Azzazel" --> that means "Go To Hell"

Goat is EZ

you should ectually write it as "Leck La Azazell"

That was lesson no. 1 in Heberw ;)

OMG - now I see it as one sentence, is this what u mean?

if so - I wouldn't mind having such.

(But actually, I wouldn't mind also having the British Mandat here in Israel again, or just relocation on this whole country to europe)

how did I get goat out of that?

I read it in a search

... thread was wrapped around the neck of the scape. goat (l’azzazel). Thus, in each case the application of these symbols ...

I thought that meant goat was l'azzael

so it is l'ezzael for goat

I think I got close for someone who only speaks english

Tach's can be a good thing. There are all sortsa places they can be put too, they can go on the door pillar, on the steering column, on the dash, in the dash, jes depends a lot on whot your personal preference. If you don't have a tach I'm going to go with the idea that you have the same dash that I have in my 82, if you look jes to the right of the speedo, there is a black spot that says subaru (of course you might have a clock there). Either way, this is where my tach is, I got one that fits perfectly into that space.

On a side note everyone else: You can't instantly assume that everyone from Israel is Jewish, there are all sorts of different religions and nationality's. Palistinians(sp?) for one there are also quite a few christian groups. This is one of the reasons that there is so much fighting that goes on, it's alot like Ireland.

"Neturai Karta" - an extreme ultra-orthodox Jewish sect --> This is correct. These guys believe that Israel shouldn't exist and only when the messiah will come he will choose the place for them to sattle (in the meantime, of course, they are in Israel... Suprize Suprize. as if we dont have enought freaks here without them.

"Lekha l'Azzazel" --> that means "Go To Hell"

Goat is EZ

you should ectually write it as "Leck La Azazell"

That was lesson no. 1 in Heberw ;)

OMG - now I see it as one sentence, is this what u mean?

if so - I wouldn't mind having such.

(But actually, I wouldn't mind also having the British Mandat here in Israel again, or just relocation on this whole country to europe)

That's exactly what I mean - I can't stand the Neturai Karta.

I'd always be proud to sport 'Od Abinu Hai or 'Am Yisrael Hai - in Hebrew and Arabic, but I'm an instigator.