Ultimate Subaru Message Board

FRANKENMOTOR

I know this will all seem stupid to thoes that live on this forum but i dont frequently get on here. i have searched through hours of forum pages reading argument after argument but i cant find a simple list of the best set ups for a good frankenmotor. it will end up in my 99 outback most likely which as of right now has a 2.5L gt motor out a 96 legacy i belive. I really just want to know what has worked best for power out of puttin possibly 2.2L heads on the 2.5L or maybe 1.8L heads on it (all or this will be ej series motors for reference). it will be driving up mt.hood daily and i want good relitivly cheap power out of this thing so i emplore thoes of greater knowledge then I for you help.

Thanks kindly.

• 3 weeks later...

I drove it back and forth between the wet side and Spokane for about a year every other weekend, and to work 60 miles a day 5 days a week(almost every week) for almost three years now.Has been in two cars so far, working on putting it in a third this weekend. :) Shite, maybe is closer to 50k!!

cheers

Edited by monstaru