Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Most Elusive Subaru Part

dkxpClq.jpg

I had given up hope of ever finding another one in existence.

My brother has one and he is the only person I know that has it, and I only found this picture after some pretty serious Googling. 

So I guess my question is, why is this part so rare? (other than the fact that there are not a lot of them)

P.S. I am not looking to buy one or anything, that's why this thread is here and not in the Parts Wanted section. It wont fit in my rs coupe's sad excuse for a trunk. 

• 4 weeks later...

That doesn't quite look like the later gen Fozzie trunk organizer I'm thinking of, but either way those are very rare! A buddy of mine said he drove 2 hours to pick one up for a steal of a price, and I quote "because I've never heard of one, I had to have it".

Definitely serves him well, his trunk is packed regardless.

Any similar offering for my GF8? :( The aftermarket one I have slides around and is way too small

Edited by SnatchedHatch

I saw one of those in a salvage yard last year, I had NO IDEA how rare those were at the time. Came home and a week or so later I saw a post about it and kicked myself in the face. Car got crushed by the time I went back. *cries inside*

These are the same story with the tonnau cover things and window rain guards, The only way to find them is to scan eBay and craigslist every day, three times a day, and check the pick-a-parts. Theyre rare because they were options that very few pople chose, and the ones that chose them, the second (third/fourth/fifth/whatever) owners of the car may not have, and either thrown them out or buried them deep in the garage or shed, never to see daylight again. Its incredible to find one thats lasted 15 years or so.

Ive just resorted to a milk crate strapped to the D-hooks in The back of my OBW.

Edited by pginter96