Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have been looking at getting into a forester and found exactly what I was looking for but need some advice. The car I found in Wisconsin is a manual 05 with 117,000 miles but has a laundry list of new parts.

the seller says In the last 5k miles it had a brand new motor put in. Receipts inluded. Eagle Rods, CP Pistons, ARP head studs and Cometic gaskets. All new timing components along with water and oil pumps. Iridium spark plugs. It is built to handle 550+ awhp. New pads and rotors all around, new front wheel bearings and tie rods. Clutch and turbo have less than 10k miles on them. TGV deletes. 17lbs on pump gas 10.5:1 compression 250-275 awhp range. Newer oversized meaty snow/ice tires. Weather tech floor matts front and rear. OEM subaru cargo nets for rear compartment. Roof Rack and high power LED bar. AUX cable wired into factory deck. Will inlude touch screen navigation/ bluetooth double din dvd player and alarm with remote start for the asking price which is $14,500.

I realize this guy dropped a bunch of cash on a rebuild, but the price seems a few grand too much, and personality I dont need an alarm or a touchscreen or remote start.

Im just wondering if I should shoot this guy an offer and what a good starting price would be...minus all the electronics I dont need.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

03mach1,

Personally I wouldn't touch the car.

It has obviously been ridden hard and put away wet, or the motor would never have been changed. And the previous owner has most likely beat on it substantially after the rebuild, or why put all the high priced parts into it? Then there's the question as to why is he selling  ....  I mean the REAL REASON he is selling it, if its been so well built and upgraded?

I think you're buying nothing but trouble, but its your money and you can do as you wish with it. Good Luck!