Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Different Glass Sizes ~► EA82 Rear (passenger's) Doors.

Yes, the Sedan's rear windows have more of a rake forward on their hind edges.

This is to compensate for the angle of the rear windshield and the glass between the doors and rear windshield.

If you were to put a sedan rear window in a wagon it would look like a pie shape piece was missing.

• Like 1

I went on my beloved Subaru "BumbleBeast" to hunt for a Car's part (that I needed to fix someone else's car), to a local Junk Yard, fifteen minutes after I parked outside, someone came driving violently and was the mere junk yard's owner, he hit with his car, a little on my passenger's side rear door while parking; so after a small talking, he gave me as payment, a whole used door for a Subaru of similar vintage, that he had on the inventory.

Underlined words are web links with further info & photos on the subject.

So, the given door will be stored as is ... maybe I could sell it to another subaru owner in need of one with manual crank window; by the way, mine has Power Window and Power Lock.

I accepted that door, thinking that the Glass might be useful someday, because it came without door card, handle and plastics. But since I discovered the difference on the Glasses, (that door shall came from a Sedan EA82) now I know that nothing on that door could be useful for me at all, except the metal body perhaps.

Kind Regards.

On;y the glass is different...

Yes, you're right.

My "BumbleBeast" has Power Locks & Power Windows, 

while the given Door has manual everything,

in this case, only the door's metal body and certain plastics are equal,

But the interior parts are swappable between each other.

Kind Regards.