Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 2015 Impreza

Wolfman01

I finally got the drive home from the dealership and the weeks commute washed off of the car, and snapped a couple of pics.

Stats:

2015 Subaru Impreza 2.0i

CVT transmission

Auto Dimming Mirror

Whatever they call that pearly metallic white (I like it)

Black interior

Pretty much what is considered a "base" car these days.  :)

20141224_133643_zps70e8eb34.jpg

20141224_133651_zps9e1905d7.jpg

20141224_133703_zps6b085a21.jpg

20141224_133716_zps5ba817d7.jpg

20141224_133728_zpsdc88101c.jpg

20141224_133745_zpsad499a1c.jpg

20141224_133756_zps547f2873.jpg

20141224_133823_zps748d0140.jpg

Thanks.  I love the CVT.  If I'm gonna have an automatic, I'd prefer a CVT over a step gear auto for the smoothness.  I've had 3 other CVT vehicles, and they simply require a bit of an adjustment in how you drive 'em to adjust to the "motorboating" that can occur if you are a heavy footed driver.  Once the car is warmed up, most of the time my acceleration occurs with the revs below the 2000 RPM mark.  Subaru did a good job with it.

Mine being the base model doesn't have the paddle shifters.  The worst CVT I drove was the one that was in a Nissan Cube.  I rove one when they first came out, and that thing would wind the motor up high with even moderate throttle input.  I told the salescreature back then that I wanted a manual, and he literally refused to find one.  They lost a sale that day. 

The Subie unit is much more relaxed.  I drove a Honda Fit with the CVT as part of my car hunt.  Honda's has a very similar feel to the Subie. 

• 2 months later...

Hi!

I think is a very good car. Congrats! My wife has a 2015 sedan one (red Venice, whatever...) and I'm very happy with. Have paddle shifters, if you want to drive sportively; If you want good millage, then you better let the CVT in auto mode.

I like the fact that the engine bay is very "amateur mechanic" friendly, as there is a lot of space to work. The symmetrical AVD is the best on snow and ice, I did tested a Lancer with lock AVC (in theory better) and I was completely disappointed. 

I'm wondering if there are some potential problems and what I can do to avoid them. I'm planning to change the oil more often than requested by dealer, as I live in Quebec/Canada ( very cold winters and extremely very (almost nowhere seen) bad roads. I'm doing any way a proper beak-in.