Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Merry late christmas & my bday today. I may finally fix my puttering and stalls coming to a stop

Hi guys i want to wish you all a late merry christmas and i finally turn 21. (Legal now) lol.

I want to post my 2000 legacy wagon picture here. As soon as i know how to post it. I finally fix my puttering issue and stalls when i come to a stop. My pcv valve was clogged up so bad that i have to shake it hard. Even i shake it hard, sometimes it still stuck. I replace my pcv valve today and took it a drive and drive good.

PROBLEM: Now, I have p0507 idle air control system RPM higher than expected.

Before this pcv valve and p0507 code:

I change:

-idle air control valve (25-35miles ago. I think i reset ecu.)

-throttle position sensor (2 miles ago. Forgot if i reset ecu).

Any suggestion? Should i reset ecu?

When you changed the throttle position sensor did you check that the values from the sensor, (once it was bolted in place) were the same as listed in the factory service manual. there is a procedure in the FSM to make sure you have the right value which should make your engine idle at the right speed.

When you changed the idle air control valve did you check that the values from the sensor, (once it was bolted in place) were the same as listed in the factory service manual. there is a procedure in the FSM to make sure you have the right value which should make your engine idle at the right speed.

if you don't have the FSM there are many to choose from here http://sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=28539

TOONGA

the link works fine I just clicked on it and went directly to the page you must find the file on that page.

try this page remember you need to find the link that works

http://www.main.experiencetherave.com/subaru_manual_scans/

as for value the TPS and IACV both send a signal (value) to the ECU this sets the way the engine runs if the signal / value is wrong the egine either runs wrong or not at all.

If you cannot set these values yourself then you will need to find someone who can.

TOONGA

Edited by TOONGA