Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need wiring help for DS window switch

Sometimes, at the worst possible time, my drivers side window will not work. :banghead:  When this occurs, none of the windows will work from that switch panel.  However, all of the other windows will work using their own switches.....

There seems to be a broken wire in the DS door wiring bundle.  Can anyone tell me which wires to look at so I can fix this problem.

Thanks

Eddie

There is a 2 pole connector in the kick panel with Heavy-ish gauge red and black wires.  These are the main 12v+ and Ground supply for the switch panel.

Check them for power and ground at the connector, and then again inside hte door at the switch panel.

There is another fairly common fail point where the Main power wire (red) has a crimp junction for the smaller gauge red wires out to all the individual switches.  It is under the driver side carpet and corrodes especially in Salted road areas.  If there is corrosion here the power may not be getting to the switchpanel or may be too much resistance and cutting out the circuit breaker when used.

The ultimate tool for checking such things is the power probe as it can supply not only lighting with it's twin led headlights but also supply independent power and earth at the touch of it's rocker switch, I cannot imagine what I did before getting mine a great tool and much cheaper in the States no doubt.

http://www.powerprobe.com/pp3.php

• Like 1