Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

Rear disc conversion - '90 Loyale Wagon, easiest way...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_oobnuker_*

Guest_oobnuker_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2003 - 09:16 PM

OK - I have finally assembled all of the parts necesary for the rear disc conversion for my wagon. My question is this:

Would the rear components from an '89 GL Turbo 4EAT Fulltime 4WD wagon bolt right onto my '90 5SPD PushButton 4WD wagon? My thinking is this: assemble the whole mess outside of the car, shocks, trailing arms, brake assemblies, etc. and then just bolt the complete units up to the car.

Is the geometry all the same? Everything just swap and go? Are the axles the same?

Thanks!

#2 Guest_calebz_*

Guest_calebz_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2003 - 10:57 PM

Should bolt right up, but it sounds like your doing it the hard way. Hub swap would be a lot easier. I watched Ezap put 86 GL-10 rear disc brakes on Bob, and that was straight bolt on.. took 25-30 minutes for both sides. can be done faster if you're in a hurry. Unless you need to replace your trailing arms and stuff, that seems like a waste of energy.

#3 Guest_oobnuker_*

Guest_oobnuker_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2003 - 07:48 AM

Hmm...well that's good news. I am thinking that I want to clean and paint all the stuff back there. If I have time, I would like to just get it all cleaned up and straight before putting it on, and since I have a complete set, I can do it all off the car and then just bolt it up...But you know how these things go...Sometimes the best plans turn out to be the bare minimum in the end, and I'll end up just slapping the hardware onto my existing rig and going from there.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users