Ultimate Subaru Message Board

preping for my yearly jv nohv park run

HAMMERS%20USGS%20HAMMERS%20EAST_zpszkcmevab.jpg

its hammer time again 2-1 - 2-7 johnson valley norv area ive got alot on my plate before the trip im porting a set of heads and doing a full reseal on my little ea82 i got some new tempo springs for up front and put my off road exaust back on and reinstall my welded diff that alone is alot for me right now but to add more im also preping a 2000 forester with the 2.2 swap its geting lifted and im building a skid plate for it aswell

20150103_113249_zpstbrikrjd.jpg

20150103_113345_zpsllwi5dld.jpg

20150103_113356_zpsubhcshyq.jpg

20150103_114151_zpsxtipmyag.jpg

ya we are camping we always camp at what we call cell phone hill because every one goes up there to make phone calls its off to the right off of boone rd right before the left turn to the lake bed one side is easy and the other side is steep i love watching the high dollor rigs get stuck on the hill and then blast right up past them are you gona run a subi out there

Even with the heads ported they still look like the worst flowing set of heads I have ever seen.Its not a jab at you,but rather the design of the ports themselves.Due to the design of the ports the intake side makes a sharp 90* bend and so does the exhaust.not to mention the HUGE amount of valve shrouding.

Edited by Uberoo

i agree the ports suck and the exhaust being so different in lenght dosent help any ether but if i can get just alittle bit better it will be worth it i just hope i dont make em worse i managed to get my new tempo springs in ive been running around with my winch on the front to help break them in i dont like how they look siting in there kinda funny but the ride is awsome and im not bottoming out on every little bump

ya we are camping we always camp at what we call cell phone hill because every one goes up there to make phone calls its off to the right off of boone rd right before the left turn to the lake bed one side is easy and the other side is steep i love watching the high dollor rigs get stuck on the hill and then blast right up past them are you gona run a subi out there

just a spectator I think but will look ya up.

One of my friends is going to attend this. He builds custom axles and just finished a set of axles last week for some one that is going to this. The tube car puts out over 700hp. It has a custom suspension setup for when it goes over jumps so the chamber goes like this /  \ to absorb the hard landings instead of breaking tons of parts by the end of the race.

ive been serching but i cant find where to tie in to the duty c solinoid for a lock up switch on the forester im about ready to install my other motor and exhaust and i just found out my wheel bearing ont the front psssenger side is wasted i thought it just needed greese but nope its shot so ine last junk yard trip and i should be ready to role

well ive done all i can do the forester dident get modded any as its beeing sold as soon as we get back my loyale is up and running got the exhaust on the welded rear end in i dident get my new tires mounted ill have to do that after my trip i am still getting small bubbles in the radiator i dont think i got the block straight enuff or the head was cracked though but im gona run it anyway and hope for the best it seems to be pulling good and strong i might gave to stop a few times and top off the radiator i am bringing my tow bar just in case and im meeting a few people with heeps that could always drag me home

• 2 weeks later...

back from the trip forester did great on the road it never get stuck in the sand but wasent happy about it at all it went through 2 tanks of gas on the sand must have been getting 2-3 miles per gallon and developed a tranny fluid leak im guessing from the front seal we couldent get it to climb any of the dunes or sand climbs my loyale dose so we mostly stuck to the sand roads and had to go up the back road to camp but was still a awsome trip