Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I’m in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada and if you know the Parries, you know we get some cold weather. It has been -20 Celsius or less for a week now and I’m having some real issues with the warning lights on my dash.

I have 2014 Forester 2.0XT with Eyesight and a factory installed car starter. After a night of cold weather I will, of course, try to warm up my car using the Subaru installed starter.. but it won’t work. It doesn't want to start the vehicle because the computer is displaying the following warning lights: Check Engine, Hill Assist, AT Oil Temp, ABS, Vehicle Dynamics System, Pre-collision braking system off and Lane departure off.  

I took the car into the dealership last year and presented a photo of the dash (because these things never seem to present themselves when you have a technician standing next to you), they agreed that it was strange and replaced the wiring harness. This seemed to do the trick; however, at this point the overnight temperature had begun to improve as spring was on its way.

Now we’re into January again and I’m faced with same issues. I don’t want to be a super big baby about it, but I paid the extra money to have a car starter installed (because I don’t have a garage) and it just won’t work.  

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue as me?

Or, do I have to just suck it up and face the fact the car starter only works in the summer, and that the warning lights are just another reminder that the winters on the parries are brutal. 

Most likely those are coming on because of low battery voltage. I would have the battery tested and possibly add a battery warmer to keep the battery voltage from dropping due to the cold.

Battery should be under warranty. Take it to the dealer and leave it overnight and have them test it in the morning.

• Like 2