Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rock Auto Clearance

I had an MAF off and SPFI system that was faulty so sent it away for repairs.

In the meantime I ordered another MAF from Rockauto. It looked the same. It wasnt the same. I had lots of issues as to why my engine wouldnt run right....hence time gathered.

It was off a Nissan. It had slightly larger fitment and the electronics were totally different. Regardless that they sold me the wrong part the return policy went over time. No refund, no exchange.

Thankyou Rockauto for the door stopper.

I have had success returning to rock auto.   I think they paid the shipping too.

I just called and said part was not as described.  

You are a lucky one.  They sent me a wrong stuff and may me PAY for their mistake.

DO NOT DEAL WITH ROACH AUTO!

Too bad thier shipping has exploded. Just watch how every item you add causes shipping costs to jump up, even a thermostat gasket costs you 60 cents extra to ship in a box of other items. Not long ago shipping used to cap off around 10 bux. Not anymore. I keep meaning to email and ask them about this.

Too bad thier shipping has exploded. Just watch how every item you add causes shipping costs to jump up, even a thermostat gasket costs you 60 cents extra to ship in a box of other items. Not long ago shipping used to cap off around 10 bux. Not anymore. I keep meaning to email and ask them about this.

It really only gets bad to worse when they end up pulling from multiple warehouses. 

Got to watch each item as you add, it'll say A, B or C warehouse.

I have returned  parts to Rock auto with out problems.

Talked to a real person on the phone who was helpful.

I did have to pay return shipping as I ordered the wrong part

by mistake.  You really do have to watch them on their  shipping points .

I suppose sending wrong parts back before the warranty period ends is a different story. Likely you will get good service. But if there was a good reason you could not do this (living in Oz, long shipping and other reasons) then the wrong part supplied is a supply issue in the first place.

Rockauto dont do themselves many favours by supplying incorrect parts. eg Nissan MAF is not a Subaru SPFI MAF. might look the same.

Trouble is, the Nissan MAF had the same part number stamped on it. The housing was slightly larger. So Rockauto had a reason to select the part originally as a Subaru part. Inside the electronic piece was different.

The wrongful action was that once aware that the part was not the right one, that Rockauto wouldnt negotiate. Parts cross reference  etc wouldnt have helped. Rockauto can have their rules but when an unusual situation occurs like this sticking by their rules is unfair and leaves a $400 part as a useless item. We also here in Oz didnt get the Nissan EFI motor released here. The part is useless.

I'm over it now. And Rockauto gets $400 of bad publicity. Admittedly it is an unusual situation so buy away. Just be careful, check the part quickly and return it quickly. Any delay (even genuine reason) and Rockauto is not your friend.

I am into day 21 of my 30 day warranty and will be at least day 22 before my parts arrive as today Monday already guys in US :) is Australia Day holiday in Oz ... I'l take this on board and check against needs as soon as parcel arrives via Australia Post. Looks like small parcels go snail mail, bigger boxes go dhl. The freight cost looks proportional to dollar value spent, weight of parcel - has no bearing on how fast it arives :(

Edited by jono

thought it time to follow up on this....

Rocks email included tracking, which the trail traversed across to our national postal carriers webite indicating only notification had been received.

So, a phone call confirms,no item has been received, just 'paperwork' notifying of imminent arrival.

A phone call to Rock,(sounds like Rarck Arto) so to get a new email to click on in case I did not have the original notification of shipped . It shows Rocks carrier website indicating parcel has been received by destination country and states Alexandria about mid January. No more can do from Rocks perspective at this point.

Phone Aussie Post to have it confirmed that even though international carrier says it has arrived, they say it has not.

A call back to Rock (got a girl this time :)  ) to explain current findings and to sk for the matter to be investigated from their end.

Next step is in their hands to enquire of their global dispatch methods to find it and email me findings.

So far, everyone has been polite. Rock staff get to talk within less than a minute of making my calls. AP - almost got a weeks dishes done while on hold!

Got an email within the hour to advise the carrier is starting an item trace, may take a few days to resolve ....I suppose  TBA

Your 92% beef snag and linseed bread got eaten before it got cold Tony. Wild bird seed still spread about the table though :)

Edited by jono

heaps of thanks to Liz at Rock's customer service for getting on to their end carrier for a trace to begin. Parcel arrivd on my doorstep in silence this morning ...no knock - woulda heard it. Aussie Post contractor given the option to leave parcel if no one home - so why bother knocking - just lave it and go. Time for a large sign to fit to door step DO NOT LEAVE PARCELS HERE ! TAKE TO YOUR DEPOT !

In the time it took for parcel to arrive from trace to begin - the parcel had to be within Australia Post despite their paperwork stating otherwise !!

Thanks Liz :)