Ultimate Subaru Message Board

mods/?'s

ok well today at work i made another score. got a catless Y-pipe for free, forester black shift knob for free.

but here comes the questions, how to i retrofit XT6, or any other sway bar onto the rear of the car when my car didn't have one from factory.

also i was talking to my superior Lenny who said its gettin hard to come by a good EA82 Carbed mtoro, i told him i got one, he said that they just use a newer motor's bottom end with the eads/cams and such no difference just people say it has more power then the EA82,

so its now looking like i am going to build a new motor for the car, with a weber, custom exhaust, etc. and then the RX FT4WD tranny.

So can anyone help with my questions?

Thanks,

Shean

yep, they are using the SPFI bottom end, so im gonna trade shortblocks with them, carb for spfi, and then port/polish my carb heads, put on the SPFI cams, then port the intake and put on a weber and ill be done with the motor.

also i got a set of free impreza seats today from the other shawn. he ended up buying the WRX seats so he gave me his old seats, i had the stock EA82 bracks modified and had the driver seat in in about 1 hour.

i would put in the passenger but i need to grab 3 bolts that holds the back support to the bottom from work tomarrow, then ill put it in tomarrow night.

ill upload the pictures of the seat, my new grill, and other stuff later.

Shean

man, i just got back from taking a cruse down Alki, which is a cruse place here in seattle, well let me tell you, the seats i have are SOOOOOOO much better then any other seat i have sat in and driven a car hard, excluding the new RECARO's.

all i did to mount them was get the stock seat brackets, take off the impreza's, use the EA82 screws on the front of the bracket, closest to your feet, then slide the brackets forward like you would be moving your seat backwards. then redrill the rear holes, put in a bolt and nut, bolt them into your car, and enjoy.

123_2357_IMG.jpg

123_2358_IMG.jpg

please ignore the mess, i was about to clean it, that was from about the last 2 months of working every day.

Later,

Shean

the rails are the same as the impreza's, you can swap anything from i think it was 90-2000 into any other car, the other shawn put the wrx seats into his car and i got his old ones.

all you do is redrill the back hole, then put in a nut and bolt. ill try to get pictures for everyone today when i do the passenger seat.