Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Who Keeps Stealing All The Old Subarus In Portland?

I find it hard to imagine the same guy stealing 90 cars in a month, but if they're easy to get into (and numerous) then all he has to do is drive the stolen car a few blocks, swipe the goods and look for the next car. Park the stolen one and drive off in the next.

But that many cars go missing... Someone is bound to have security camera footage of the person(s) doing it.

You have to keep in mind that there are 90 Subarus within a few blocks of each other at any point in Portland (that's not really any exaggeration) and they don't rust very fast here.  Portland is thick with Subarus of all vintage, so he might have been stealing cars at random, but happened to hit 90 Subes in a row :).  I have even walked out of the grocery store on a couple different occasions and gotten into other peoples almost identical Outbacks by accident and did not notice until I looked around the interior.  Ignition key would not work though.