Ultimate Subaru Message Board

OK. Let's talk about this picture.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep your panties on, its all in good fun :grin: Theres reasons why its being handled this way.

You know, for several years now we have been doing more and more increasing mods to our Soobs. Each time we make improvements. Some are small, some are big. It seems theres some people out there, even some that own Soobs, that dont think they are capable off road. This time its going to be in thier face :burnout: Done with rant, I aint saying no more.

Oh, and big kudo's to the crew. They worked thier butts off.

Scoop's been on for a few months. But the photo Craig put up is a perfect one for comparison between new and before.

Now we just gotta wait for Ken to finish up some details under it so we can get him to his computer to begin posting the photos you guys are really gonna flip over.

BTW. What we just did to it involved 3 men working 17-19 hour days for 4 days straight.

Ken, Mudrat and Me know cuz we were there. Rob lives just around the corner from Ken. There are 3 others from the board who know as well. 2 happened to show up while we were working on it. (We had to erase their memories though, "Area 51" type stuff.) hehe

Nothing like being the first ones to do what we did to it! :smokin

It definatly sits higher but judging buy how much work it took to do whatever the hell yall are talking about I'd say its more then just a higher lift...

I'm going to guess at some extensive drivetrain modifications for the kind of effort it took and the hype behind its secrecy :)

Well, I like to see everyone push the limits, it just ensures we will have to go further on the next one. I do wish we could get more technical collaboration on these mega projects going. However, let me say this, my current project, when complete, will be a whole new level of performance that will go beyond old and new school's current limits. Let me promise this, it will be Diablo fast. Nay say if you will, but people nay sayed me before and I delivered.

I dunno what you are doing, all I know is this thread made me have some strange dreams last night... one was Ken made this thing into a 4 door BRAT... when I woke up I thought, why would he do that, it would hurt the breakover angle...

I am guessing something is being done to drastically increase the suspension articulation though.

Oh boy I'm so in the inner circle, and I got to hear about it direct from the source! Thanks for the call Ken, I've been wondering about your project and how it was coming along. I thought you moved out there to be close to Evans Creek but now we know it was just to hide your projects from snoopy soob-heads. Can't wait to see how it turns out and functions. This evolution/mutation thing is kinda funny...sorta like when Zap gave in and finally installed a lift kit.

This evolution/mutation thing is kinda funny...sorta like when Zap gave in and finally installed a lift kit.

Hhhmm - sounds like a solid axle swap to me. That would take care of the stub axle, and axle breakage problem. At least in the rear. Either that, or an independant rear suspension from one of the newer Chevy trucks.

GD

So what I'm interested in knowing before you post all the details, should we assume this is going to be larger than SubaruBrat's Brat? If so, thats a pretty good feat, we're going to have to start and East Coast - West Coast battle - soon we'll all be listening to rap!

This is no contest to see who's biggest. So far, Mudrat made a 12 inch lift sitting on 32s. That turned out to be a little too big for practical purposes. (See Subarubicon 2.1)

This is aimed at the big rigs, not other Subarus. We as the Hatch Patrol and Oregon Offroad Club have pretty much been to and pushed past the limits of Subarus as we know them. Lifted or not. This is the next level.

As much as you all feel teased, the product will be worth the wait. Saw Ken today, 'No photos till it's been to and kicked Evans Creek's rump roast'.

Followed by, 'No photos of it sitting on a trailer or in the driveway.'

We left, he went back to bed.

More to come.

This isn't a competition(so to speak). It is about pushing the limits and raising the bar. I apologize to those that feel left out. But, I want this to be done right and it will be. Once debuted there will be full documentation of it.

I'm glad to see that there is still an interest in what the HP is up to. Sometimes it seems like we have made the rare and impossible mundane. It's cool to know we still shake things up a bit.

I'm pretty sure I see it... Zap, I think you told me about this idea almost a year ago when I stopped by to pick up a part. If this is what I think it is, this should be pretty amazing (and helpful!) Good luck Ken!

- Jeff

While we are waiting......................

For those who have not seen it, contact Zapar and get a copy of "Subarubicon 2.1".

Very cool....... Two thumbs up!! :D

Note: it will play on your PS2 ................:banana:

First off I'd like to say that I hate working all day, and then working on my Brat most of the evening to get it done for the dunes trip. I get in on all this stuff too late.

Also, I do have to nominate Eric for the C#$KTease of the year Moosie award.

Good to know that I'm not the only one with a supersecret secret squirrel mission going on with a Brat. Pushing the Bar, thats whot it's all about.

And finally Ken, Good to see that you finally got some Real Tire.!! :lol:

Also, I do have to nominate Eric for the C#$KTease of the year Moosie award.
My friend, you've got me confused with someone else unless all you guys are C#$ks. . . I be down with the female persuasion.

I know Qman said no "on the trailer" photos, but how about just one?

Just have to boast that I too know what is going on with Ken's Brat, as I sold him most of the parts to do it and watched the evolution take place.

I just hope he shows more pics soon and that a few people like what he has done because I have more parts to sell!!!!

Mike