Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rear wiper stalk from Outback?

I noticed the Outback (late 90's) has a different wiper stalk with the extra adjustment to select different rear wiper speeds and intermittent, which I'd really like the intermittent feature as the wiper's speed as-is is too fast for everything but a downpour.

Are these a direct swap? Meaning if I just swap different stalks, will it give the intermittent feature? Or is there another relay somewhere that adds this? The turn signal stalk on my 95', appears identical to the Outback (both have the external "ring" switch selector), and would also match the wiper stalk that mirrors the "ring" selector, so it'd be a nice "upgrade" to have and thankfully they look the same. Anyone try this?

Usually there is an intermittent wiper control module that you have to swap as well, but not sure on these. I've done it before on other cars and you just need the stalk the module and the short harness between the two. The wires going out to the wiper motor are generally the same.

bushwick,

Back a year or so ago (there may be more up to date posts giving the same info) I followed a post on this forum that led to a site where you could download the FSM's (factory service manual) for every year and model Subie.

At the time I was able to download the one for my 2012 OBW. I suggest you find the link (maybe someone here can direct you) and download the model years you need and go from there. They'll point you to what you need as to its location, etc. Good Luck!