Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just finished timing belts, water pump, pulleys, new oil seals, brand new vacuum lines, all new bosch ignition, pcv valve, pcv hoses, karropak gaskets on throttle, everything's tightened down!and sealed up, cooling system bled, new thermostat, etc...

I checked and got codes 11, 12, 13, 34 & 35.

Only had the car about a week, but no engine light before timing belt.

Curious about the possibility this is an error as the car runs awesome, idles a little high though (1000-1100 rpms)

Here is the list of codes for spfi which I assume is what you have.

Screenshot_2015-01-28-23-47-09_zpswnvwra

Codes 34 and 35 seem to be common as the solenoids go out over time. 11 and 13 I would check the connection to the distributor and make sure it is good. For 12 there should be a fuse for that write I would check. It's hot only in run.

• Like 1

i dont beileve the car will run with an active issue setting codes 11 & 13. But I do beilve if ur pulling codes engine off those codes will flash as presesnt.

Recheck your connections to the solenoids.

Code 12, may have been set if it took alot to get it started. I cannot remember if that signal wire is connected to the switch or the solenoid stock, you may have left it disconnected but I think youd have a difficult time getting it started sfter sitting for awhile. Might just try resetting the codes and see if any come back.

And for the idle, have you driven the car enough to warm it up?

Edited by ihscout54