Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Heating core went out in 1992 Subaru Legacy neighbor took dash out and doesn't know where a piece of the far right goes?

It has a cylinder look with a blue plug into it with brown,yellow,red,blue wires coming out? Neighbor took my moms car apart and got in over his head ,we need help figure out where this piece goes and the manual he has does not show this? It goes somewhere on the right side under dash or? I'm just trying to reach out to anyone who may know...it's been 6 weeks:(

Thank you in advance to any in put or assistance,we sure could use it and would appreciate it.

Best Regards,

Cheri

post-56966-0-32768100-1422743752_thumb.jpg

post-56966-0-15858100-1422743769_thumb.jpg

post-56966-0-93903500-1422743796_thumb.jpg

I just took one apart today  :lol: it is a relay, it mounts up by the windshield on one of the studs that come out of the fire wall. I think it is on the ac condenser box, but I could be wrong, but with the wiring the length it is, it should only go to one of them. I can tell you tomorrow for certain, I was thinking it looked like a pain to change if it ever went bad as I was taking things apart. I may relocate it to somewhere more accessible.