Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ea82 Rebuild: Clutch Issues

Hello again,

I've now drop my shiny rebuilt ea82 back into my loyale but I've got a concern...

I haven't started the engine yet but I noticed that pushing in the clutch does nothing, and it feels pretty loose. If I put the trans in first and push the clutch in I should be able to push the car foward right?? As I understand it the loyale doesn't have a master and slave cylinder its just a cable straight to clutch release lever. I see the lever move but It doesnt feel like it's engaging the pressure plate? 

Any wisdom would be helpful....

Thanks!

I had a problem like that when I recently installed a replacement trans in my GL. Clutch wouldn't disengage. I was going crazy, everything was fine. Turned out I was sent the wrong clutch plate, but it was in the right box. If you continue having issues I recommend you compare your clutch friction disc to the original to ensure its the correct one.

The raised portion of the friction plate, you want to make sure they are the same. Also, look to see that the springs are the same size. If you suspect things are not matching up, look for a part number on the friction disc and try to cross reference it. Where did you get the replacement clutch components? I was sent the wrong parts by rock auto.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry its taken so long to post but here is what I found. The new pressure pate fingers don't protrude as far up the spindle and the old PP. In the end all I had to do was a simple clutch cable adjustment (doh!) 

Thank you everybody for the help!