Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi every one, I am a first time buyer of a SUBARU with a twist. I live in Mexico where the brand has a very weak presence and support.

English is not my first language so I ask that you bear with me and help me correcting any grammar and/or spelling that needs to be pointed out.

I got the Forester used, with about 80k miles, and as soon as I got it, I changed the timing belt and a sensor (not sure which one but it corrected a missfiring problem. Doing so was really a challange down here, parts are not readily available and thus getting them takes forever.

Nevertheless the car runs great, it has now 120k miles and If your were to ask me before the smog check down here it could have gone another 200k with no issues.

But... It did not pass the smog check, 

@

NOX.... 159

HC...... 328 (apperantly this here should be 100 or less)

CO....0.7

CO2....12.4

Co+Co2.... 13.13

O2.....  2.5

LAMDA.... 0.0

@

NOX.... 1000

HC...... 100

CO....0.60

CO2....00.0

Co+Co2.... 16.00

O2.....  0.6

LAMDA.... 0.0

@1000

NOX.... 428

HC...... 99 

CO....0.9

CO2....14.1

Co+Co2.... 15.01

O2.....  0.3

LAMDA.... 0.0

RPM @ 716 2518

I am wondering if these readings maen anything to any one out there, please advise if these make any sense for a 4CY Engine.

Welcome to the USMB.

I am going to move your post to the new gen forum where it should get some additional views/replies.

However, based on your emissions results you have separately high HC and NoX.  Can you provide at what engine rpm the different readings were taken at and whether the tests were idle tests or on a dynamometer, which provides typical engine loads during driving? 

Is the check engine light on?  Does it come on with the key in the ON position and engine not running?