Ultimate Subaru Message Board

can i put a EJ22 engine in my 06 legacy

If the head itself is indeed cracked, do a search on www.car-part.com input the info on your vehicle and search for "cylinder head"

I think you've got the SOHC model in which case a used one is about $150 and I saw some remanufactured for $450. Shipping would be additional but way better than paying dealership prices.

If the head itself is indeed cracked, do a search on www.car-part.com input the info on your vehicle and search for "cylinder head"

I think you've got the SOHC model in which case a used one is about $150 and I saw some remanufactured for $450. Shipping would be additional but way better than paying dealership prices.

I, too, recommend www.car-part.com. Very easy to do a search to find what you want. I have bought from several yards listed there, and have gotten good parts at reasonable cost, that were packaged, and shipped to me quickly.

Magnaflux is a flourescent dye liquid that sprayed on engine parts to check for cracks. Helps you tell the difference between a real crack and a casting line.

No real way to check the rod bearings without pulling the block apart. Overheating thins the oil and will score the bearings. It might be fine for 10k miles or it might only make it a day. Kind of a crap shoot, might get lucky, might not.

I should have asked before, did the engine overheat? Why was it taken to the shop?