Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

possible cause

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 soopsoop

soopsoop

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • pine city,washington

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:35 PM

i have been digging around the wiring in my 88 dl wagon and according to the fsm there is a diode that goes between the fuse and the ign relay, i tested everything else and all the power circuts work except where the diode is so i unplugged the diode and bypassed it and now have power to the wire. what does that diode do? is it a circut protection or what and what size or capacity is it so i can make a new one. and by the way i fixed the wiring to the climate control fan and it still doesn't work,both fuses are new i was wondering is there a relay and where is it at? i downloaded a fsm and it had everything but the body wiring,found a new resistor pack for the a/c fan at autozone for 47 bucks,iwould like to bypass the resisteres just to see if everything works but it acts like no power not sure which terminal to check,by the way the fusable link is good.

#2 DaveT

DaveT

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 3,531 posts
  • Colchester

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:58 PM

A little more info about where the diode is would help.

I forgot to bring my manual to work to scan the heater wiring today.

#3 naru

naru

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 2,211 posts
  • under the bridge

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:03 PM

I think the diode is there to prevent reverse voltage spikes from reaching the ECU and other components.

In the diagram I looked at,it is not between the fuse and the relay though.

A 50 volt 1 amp diode should be more than enough.

#4 soopsoop

soopsoop

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • pine city,washington

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:46 PM

thanks i think it died and took the ecm out with it,no light on the ecm ever.

#5 damnsubaru

damnsubaru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • pine city washington

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:56 PM

I had a bad ground wire under the dash by the steering column not sure which one but I wiggled the bundle of wires an everything lite up now if I can only figure which wire it then gets a battery. my old battery froze because my trickle charger died.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users