Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Gen 1 rear suspension bushings

So I posted about this years ago and rather than bring it from the dead, I figured to just start a new post. I have been looking to get replacement bushing for the rear suspension for my coupe almost since I got it. Well, I'm at the point that I have the rear trailing arms apart to clean up and paint and I would obviously like to replace the bushings if I can. So, here are what the bushings look like.

Nisafy.jpg

This is the outer one that goes inside the bracket that bolts to the wheel well.

Oo7P24.jpg

This is the inner one that bolts to the floor of the trunk.

Rare Parts has a listing for the inner one so I can measure mine and see if it the same as what they have listed. The outer one I think will be a problem, and it's the one that really should be replaced (if it can be. may be part of the trailing arm?). I have not found a source for that yet and am hoping someone here either has one sitting around or know where to source one. Also, what holds the torsions in? I did not see anything that holds them in other than the preload.

Mark

Well, rare parts does not stock the outer bushing anymore and is not planning another run. I can deal with that as mine are not in too bad a shape. The inners are the main concern. They look like the rubber is not too far away from separating. I checked the arms I saved off the OK parts car and the rubber and u clamp are gone, just the inner sleeve and a few pieces of rubber left. :o  As I really don't expect to find new bushings, is anyone aware of a place that can recast the bushings from either rubber or urethane?

Mark