Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Radio radio radio...

Im trying to install a radio from an 88 wagon into my 87 (but gen 2..like a brat) hatchy. Why? because thats what i have and so on..

Ive gotten so far as to get the radio to turn on (blue wire radio to blue/yellow hatchy). and even tune to a station, I hooked a speaker up to the green/ greenblack wires and can hear the sounds but its barely audible.

Ive messed with all the settings on the radio and now Im stuck. It would be nice to be able to listen to NPR on the weekends while driving around without having to recharge a portable radio.

Someone help me before I end up catching it on fire

ill be camping in it this weekend. perhaps next week, Ski.

I know the speakers are good, bit the radio might be cooked. it looks a lil rough. it lights up and tunes to stations which i can hear, but barely.

I have to go hand crank my portable am/fm now :rolleyes:

Does it have a little button by the cassette player that says "pro"? try pushing that. for whatever reason, when im playing music through my wired cassette, if i dont press the "Pro" button its really quite. Dont know why it does this but maybe it'll work for you.

thanks sapper, im running just the head unit currently, no tape player.

I did use an aftermarket stereo today with another speaker and ive got tunes. its pretty distorted so maybe ill fiddle with grounding locally. if i press on the speaker its clearer and louder.