Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello,

I have a question about my 2004 legacy wagon.  Several months ago I started having trouble with my turn signals.  When I clicked the switch the light would stay illuminated and not flash.  This would happen about once or twice every month.  Both sides were affected.  Now, within the past 2 weeks my turn signals rarely work correctly.  Sometimes I click the switch and the light is on constant, other times it doesn't light at all, still other times it flashes once or twice and then stops.  The hazard switch does not work when the turn signal lights are not working.  But, if the turn signals are working right then so are the hazards.  Again, both sides are affected.

Is this a turn signal/hazard relay issue?  Or a hazard switch issue?  I thought about the bulbs but it is both sides so that doesn't seem likely.  

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I woudl first go and remove all the bulbs from the turn signals and reinstall them. This is usually enough to clean up any dirt on the contacts. I would also inspect the bulb sockets. It is very very rare for the 4way flasher to go bad. the signals themselves can be a bad bulb or bad pigtails.