Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Who's Who Two (Roll call for lifted rigs)

ezapar

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well snowman, its a suspension lift that me and a couple of guys from work came up with so my bigger tires would fit better so they wouldn't hit the fenders anymore when i hit bumps to go 4 wheeling one weekend. its temporary until i make something better and permenant however it seams to be pretty strong i haven't broke anything yet, except my transmission after i welded the rear end up and went and played in the mud. anyway, i used rancho shock mount bushing for spacers on the front after i knocked out the old strut mount studs and drilled a bigger hole and ran grade 8 bolts all the way through to the body and i adjusted the bottom spring seat all the way up then i sloted the strut towers so that i could align it to stock alignment specs. on the rear i used air bag brackets bolted to the inner fender well where the strut mounts and bolted the struts to the brackets, which was a spacer for the back struts. i have 11 1/4" ground clearance at y-pipe where the 2 header pipes connect, so i have figured that i have around 5-6" of lift from stock which includes the tires. thanks for asking, chaz

Chaz, how did you do your lift? Is it all suspension? Doesn't look like anything I've seen before.

I have an 83 Subaru GL wagon. Faded factory tan (looking yellow these days).

Where to start here.....

3 inch mudrat lift soon to replaced with a 4 inch lift done the right way. (you should see the halfass rear strut tower braces)

You could say that I have a Webber, but just barely. Must be the most bass ackward one I've seen. I do beleive it was from a Volkswagon , my buddy had to fab me up a custom throttle linkage to make the accelorator cable mount properly, seeings as how it mounts on the right of my ea81 instead of the left. The carb is older than Jesus. (When mudrat drove the car to Portland from Eugene it had a mutha ******* rubber band holding the accelorator cable together)

Reinforced rear diff, soon to be welded. Dual range and a five speed tranny swap.

Power steering conversion. I think thats about it.

Oh yeah, custom mudrat fenders (about the only mudrat thing on the car I'm happy with).

15" crome wheels with 28.5 Schwabby Wildcat all terains, soon to be replaced by 29 swamper TSL's as soon as I get the taxes back.

I do beleive that is all for now.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1929

I'm half way there! I just lifted the back of my '03 outback wagon! I'll have to finish the front soon. Before 7 7/8" at factory rear diff. guard, after 9 3/4" . I used Kings Springs KSRR-29's rear , KSFR-32 up front. The King springs are about 25% stiffer and yellow in color (beefy springs!) Took about 40min r/r the rear. So for now I have a raked look , but It drives great (tight). I will do the frotns tommorrow and get an alignment as well . The search will continue for tires/wheels.

• 2 months later...

:brow:bumperA.jpg

Allied Armament lift, with custom bumpers, Yakima load warrior rack, tinted windows, Dual Range Tranny, Custom Allied Armament 15inch wheels, Weber carbureator, Custom header, turbo exhaust, Some high out put ignition, THis picture is now outdated, (I have 29" inch super swampers on it and it looks thirty times meaner. I also have an Allied Armament swinging spare tire on the back) more pics to come soon.

• 1 month later...

Here!

1988 Subaru GL Wagon, 5-speed, D/R 4WD, 4" AA lift, AA rear bumper, dual gutter mount CB antennae, Realistic CB radio, roof-mount yakima bike rack with fairing and custom light tabs, generic lights taken off my dad's old plow truck with Eagle Eye II covers, GL-10 rear wagon wing, pioneer head unit, removed mechanical fan, manually switched electric fan, Garmin GPS 45 (my automatically recalibrating speedo...), 15" pug alloys painted flat black, 27" GoodYear UltraGrip tires, XT6 seats, Thrush glasspack, rear disc brakes, braided SS front brake lines...and I think that's about it, for now.

Chux and the Chuxwagon:

3242PICT1020.JPG

the first pic of my AA rear bumper:

3242PICT1021.JPG

next up is an AA bullbar with tabs for my fog/driving lights, and spare tire mount for the back (and a better spare tire to put on it), along with dual e-brake (got the handles, just have to connect the cables), and rear LSD

No pics, but

1992 Loyale wagon

4/4 BYB lift (PK)

sackless EA82 SPFI mated to an eaqually sackless pushbutton 4wd 5spd. All to be upgraded soon.

30" mud King tires on 15" chevy 6 lug rims.

No bumpers.

due to 2 stripped bolts and my constant procrastination not rolling yet. but it is sitting on 30"s and has >12" of ground clearance :headbang:

• 1 month later...

1987 Subaru GL 4WD Sedan

Specs:

BYB 100mm body lift

40mm suspension lift

King Springs front and rear

Custom radius arms

215/75x15 BFGoodrich Mud Terrains

Custom 15x6 rims

Custom alloy bumper with 8mm steel winch cradle

IPF 800 series projector driving lights

EJ20 conversion w/power steer and AC

2.5" cat-back Exhaust with Lukey muffler, custom 2" headers

Part-time 4WD 3.9:1 dual-range 5-speed manual

3.9:1 rear WRX LSD

Sports seats

Sony Xplod MP3 CD player

Sony Xplod 444 4 channel Amp

Rear Sony Xplod 220 Watt 6x9s 4-way speakers

Front Sony Xplod 220 Watt 6" 3-way speakers

normal_for%20posting.jpg

Future Mods:

Haultech Traction Control

5-stud conversion w/15" WRX Alloys

Another 30mm of suspension lift

These two rigs also feature Haultech Traction Control:

MogRover

LocklessMonster

MOUNTAIN PATROL

8644real_glory-med.jpg

8644back_glory-med.jpg

1981 GL

Mods

3in BYB Lift

15in Chrome toyota Rims

215/75/15 Hankook Dynamic MT

toyota six lug swap

custom Bull Bar

Cherry Bomb exhaust

CB Radio

fender flares

sylvania headlights

Optima Battery

Clarion Pro Audio

Alpine 5 1/4 type S speakers

Sony Xplod triaxial 6x9s

2 12in MTX Thunder 2000s

Jensen Low Pass 600 watt amp

Future Mods

8in lift

solid rear axle

leaf springs

EJ22T conversion

33x10.5x16 super swampers

ARB front locker

rear locker

nissan T-Case

bead lockers

.50 caliber machine gun turret

this is my 1st and only Lifted Subaru I've owned.

Off-road mods;

2" Suspension lift

2" Body lift

EA-82 5-speed Dual-range

Phantom Grip front LSD

Subaru rear LSD

29" Super Swampers

Suba-Xtreme Sump Gaurd

Subaru Rear Diff Gaurd

CB Radio

More to come I hope

Here's a couple pictures. click on my Forester link in my signature to see more.

792800_101_full.jpg

792800_86_full.jpg

Noah... is that a TWB Front bumper/guard on that EA82 of yours?

Why yes it is. The rear one apparantly holds air, but i havn't had the chance to fool around with that, still working on getting it moving on its own power.

Since they both will be EJ22, i'm thinking EJ Army for the licence plates, # 1, 2, and 3. could be fun

We now return you to your regularly scheduled post