Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Got my self a problem with my Scooby I was driving went to put my foot down and it just died on me I pulled over tried to start it and it would run really bad and when I tried to rev it she just cuts out it seemed to me that it could be maf sensor because when I fitted my new air induction kit I forgot to plug it in and it run lumpy so I checked that and it seemed ok but I unplugged it and it runs it won't rev over 4000rpm and the engine management light come on and it went into limp mode but it got me home I thought it would be the Maf sensor so I changed that but it still the same any ideas please help

Car has 25k on it.and a ECUtek map De cat pipe lightened pulleys that was on there when I got it since then I've put induction kit and fmic on it and it was running fine I asked a tuning company if it needed remapping and he said no. I don't no any codes not got equipment to do so

wow, low miles, well, you may still be a coupla years away from a TB service.

(original battery? I have had a bad battery trigger spurious codes)

We would need more details to even offer educated guesses at this point. Codes would be helpful. i think there is a way to get the car to display the codes on the dash.

then, you should be able to reset the ECU; disconnect neg. cable from battery, step on the brake pedal, wait maybe 15 minutes, reconnect(or,disconnect the batt. neg. cable overnight ) reconn. and see if the car runs normally, pops the CEL with new codes or gos back into limp mode?

Edited by 1 Lucky Texan

Should still be able to pull OBDII codes.  Parts stores here will pull them for free, should be able to have them check the codes for you.  Just don't let them sell you anything yet.  They may not give you definitions, but if you can get the numbers, that would be a good place to start.

• Like 1